The Cesspool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point isn't as much as how many threads has actually been locked here at The Watch but how often people who aren't in moderation staff feel the necessity and make demands to that end and make a disruptive influence in threads with their demands while they can simply not visit that thread any more.

This reminds me of muslims demanding respect for their prophet and freedom for their religion and calling death to anyone who opposes the idea as well as damning freedom of speech.

I think the point isn't as much as how many threads has actually been locked here at The Watch but how often people who aren't in moderation staff feel the necessity and make demands to that end and make a disruptive influence in threads with their demands while they can simply not visit that thread any more.

Oh, that? Well, it never happens.

Übereil

I doubt either of us has the time nor desire to actually count, but I feel quite confident that the number of "lock this thread, please" posts on this board is far smaller than you'd like to portray. You're welcome to take up the gauntlet if you're feeling lucky since it's your accusation in the first place.

You're going to have to keep your story straight, though. At first the complaint was that we had insulted your honor. Once it was demonstrated that y'all go way far out of your way to be the neighborhood skank (and, again, that's a perfectly honest choice), suddenly the complaint was that we overmoderate and lock threads at the drop of a hat. Once it was demonstrated that such complaints were totally unsupported by the data, suddenly the complaint is users are constantly "running to mommy", demanding that threads be locked up, even if the mods don't grant the request. With the data not really supporting that complaint either, what's yer next bitch--we don't have an X in the site name and that makes us weak and sexually ambiguous?

The prosecution started with capital murder, and you're down to something in the vicinity of jaywalking at this point. You're running out of places to retreat.

It's so rare that a thread gets locked that I usually have to see what happened.

This reminds me of muslims demanding respect for their prophet and freedom for their religion and calling death to anyone who opposes the idea as well as damning freedom of speech.

Well, you're the freedom of speechers—aren't these people expressing their beliefs and exercising that freedom? Earlier a lot was made of how everybody should get to say just exactly what they think and others make of it what they will. Some people respond to name-calling by telling the name-callers to shut up. Others want to call names in return. (Others just go polish their metaphorical porsches.)

I don't see anybody in a position to do so being so offended or upset that they're talking about actually locking this thread or banning anybody, or even trying to push the discussion in any particular direction.

Calling everyone faggots is freedom of speech, but someone expressing a view that the shouting match is unwelcome and should be stopped is "disruptive?" You people certainly whine a lot about other people doing what you do.

Oh well, at least we haven't had a Hitler reference yet.

You are rubber, I am glue.
If you're gonna quote Monkey Island you damn well better get it right, you useless cum gurgling Mickey Mouse impersonator. It should be "I am rubber, you are glue." Don't let me catch you pull something like this again, you transvestite bankrobber owl fucker.

Also good morning to you all! I was delighted to see that you all honored my humble request about continuing this thread. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

:) Naaah. Like many here, I am a former RPGDOT-er. I found out about the 'codex during my 'DOT days and decided to have a look, that is all.

There are many valuable posters on the CODEX with encyclopedic knowledge of CRPGs. I appreciate that as my experience goes back to the mid 80s. I like being part of that club that knows what "Sister Theodesia turns Ace into a blood sausage" means! But if it involves laughing with the boys while racial slurs are thrown around, then count me out.

I can't just shrug off the "N-word" because it feels like a betrayal to me. It's like saying you can't be part of our club because you are black. Hey, I've continued to play computer games (specifically CRPGs) into my adult years, accepting all the social stigma attached to this. I don't need to be shoved out from the group for something out of my control.

Signed,
Elkston (the butthurt)
And yet homosexuals don't have a choice in their nature, yet you have no issue with slandering them, as evidenced by many a Codex post, right? Talk about the pot calling the kettle.. African American.

Oh well, at least we haven't had a Hitler reference yet.

kitler8.jpg

If you're gonna quote Monkey Island you damn well better get it right, you useless cum gurgling Mickey Mouse impersonator. It should be "I am rubber, you are glue." Don't let me catch you pull something like this again, you transvestite bankrobber owl fucker.

I could, if you would use some breath spray.

hitler.jpg

@Prime J & Messiah Unicorn person re Adolf:

Thank you. The thread is now complete and a thing of beauty.

Could someone please close this thread now.

Just kidding, this thread is really funny, with all that wannabe trolling 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom