The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

OK, we're getting into progrock overload again. Time for some lovely throwaway new wave.
"I Can Feel" by Strawberry Switchblade

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've received my Parasound Zdac v2, and Sennheiser HD700, and started listening to some music to fully appreciate it. Pink Floyd sounds amazing on it. I also started looking for some classical music. And this particular song is just amazing. Not the actual youtube recording, but a FLAC version of it. Just amazing. The high notes are just crystal clear.

Mozart - Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) - Der Hölle Rache

I've received my Parasound Zdac v2, and Sennheiser HD700, and started listening to some music to fully appreciate it. Pink Floyd sounds amazing on it. I also started looking for some classical music. And this particular song is just amazing. Not the actual youtube recording, but a FLAC version of it. Just amazing. The high notes are just crystal clear.

Mozart - Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) - Der Hölle Rache
Nice to hear that you enjoy your new headphones.

Don Giovanni is by far my favourite Mozart opera, widely regarded as one of the finest ever written. Here is link to the brilliant Commendatore scene. (The video quality is bad but I like the performance).

Last edited:
Going through Kate's albums and once again being amazed. So MANY great songs.

Here's an oddly hypnotic one, but I have a hard time ranking them…

Heads We're Dancing

Love it. She is really one of the only 80's pop/electronic/radio (I really dont know how to define it) type people I can listen too.

I was in my late teens in the late 80's and was more into Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, etc, but along with that was my love for the older stuff like the Grateful Dead, Credence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Stills and Nash, Frank Zappa, T-Rex, etc. On top of that schizophrenia of musical tastes, I grew up with brothers older than me that were into things like The Beatles, Bee Gees, Earth Wind and Fire, etc so I love that type of stuff too (I have no issue with disco….), but there are two types of music I dont like all that much. Rap and 80's top 40/pop type stuff. Like Flock of Seagulls, Tears for Fears, Culture Club, etc….I would put later Kate Bush somewhere in that category (maybe like a Eurythmics….Anne Lennox, which I actually like) but while I cant stand most of that stuff, I really love her stuff. Odd, I know

Started today with my all-time favorite guitar player Stevie Ray Vaughn. This is my favorite perfomance of his. If you dont want to watch the whole thing, skip to the 7:30 mark…..Ridiculous!

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood (Long version)

I too find much of the 80's stuff is pretty disposable, but not Kate. There are some other gems out there, too. I'll try to round them up. What first comes to mind is XTC (it must be all the key and tempo changes), but there are others.

Again, more great songs than I can properly give attention to here. These two are rather clever. Nice mix of influences, as is the whole album they are from, English Settlement, one of my favorites by them.

Melt the Guns

Snowman

Another great one, from the Big Express album

Wake Up

Oh boy, this is a treat. Full concert before they stopped touring in 1982. So much energy! A shame Andy's mike is mixed too hot.

XTC - Rockpalast (February 10, 1982)

Last edited:
I too find much 80's stuff is pretty disposable, but not Kate. There are some other gems out there, too. I'll try to round them up. What first comes to mind is XTC (it must be all the key and tempo changes), but there are others.

She really is original

Finished up with this funky classic. My favorite album from the band, especially Kid Charlemagne, Green Earrings, and The Fez

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam (Full Album)

Back
Top Bottom