The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Interesting to notice that the Heroic Sword of Shadow will be added. I guess particularly Azraelck will be particularly happy about that. He's been chasing that item for years. ;)

Figures. Now that my THF melee is going to be left at cap (Fireflash) and my other two TRing characters are pretty much SWF builds.

Servers down till noon for patch

Servers are down for the patch - 9am-12 noon.

Supposed to fix all the quest door related issues (keep your fingers crossed), and add the missing items to the birthday list. There are apparently some cosmetic items as well.

Servers back up - new items added to birthday list

Servers are back up. The new items include a BTA cosmetic robe, which you can add some of the winter festival/risia properties.

New items include XP token & Heroism comms

The new items also include a 100K XP token (applies immediately on redeeming it, so take your pot first), and 10 heroism comms.

Figures. Now that my THF melee is going to be left at cap (Fireflash) and my other two TRing characters are pretty much SWF builds.

If you have the scroll, seal and shard of SOS you could do the upgrade to the Epic Sword of Shadows and use it on an epic toon. Still a great weapon until you get Thunderforged weapons at level 26+. If you ETR then the eSoS could be used a lot.

I ended up taking an SoS on Mirys, since she'll be TRing regularly. I also took one on Suisaidh and Daemonfang, both of which are mules, but it amused me. I probably won't craft it into an eSoS until I have a second one though. It'll be a bit though.

XP stone is affected by pots/voice/ship buff. Fireflash took that for a nice little chunk of change. Ijii and Cairii (both essentially abandoned, but still) also took the XP. Aneiria took the robe cosmetic.

Store is still crashing for me.

I ended up taking an SoS on Mirys, since she'll be TRing regularly. I also took one on Suisaidh and Daemonfang, both of which are mules, but it amused me. I probably won't craft it into an eSoS until I have a second one though. It'll be a bit though.

XP stone is affected by pots/voice/ship buff. Fireflash took that for a nice little chunk of change. Ijii and Cairii (both essentially abandoned, but still) also took the XP. Aneiria took the robe cosmetic.

Store is still crashing for me.

There is so many acronyms in that sentence its like a different language. Or one of the types we speak at work :) Its english, but damned if anyone knows what we are saying that doesn't work here.

Ah Wisdom, you need to get with the program and join us on DDO, then you'd soon understand everything Az just said!! :)

Hot fix update came out, might want to plan for the download and install early.

I expect to make it tonight, at least for a while. I was able to play for a couple of hours yesterday before my arm got too tired. TBD.

DDO Specials this Weekend

DDO Specials this weekend (Now through March 6th) include:
  • +20% Heroic and Epic XP, +5% More for VIPs
  • Double Bonus Points at the Store

That's a nice XP boost, so good weekend to play.

Another one??? They're keeping busy

Yeah, well, they keep breaking things. How they managed to break doors on multiple quests with the changes in U30 is mystifying. You'd think there was no relationship to doors.

They surely have no Q&A department. Obviously they have no real test environment where they could detect such issues in testing. Normally you fix the issues in an update in test before changing production.

To me it looks like Turbine are using the live servers as their test environment and we are their beta testers. I wonder why Warner Brothers accept Turbine to manage DDO like amateurs.

They surely have no Q&A department. Obviously they have no real test environment where they could detect such issues in testing. Normally you fix the issues in an update in test before changing production.

To me it looks like Turbine are using the live servers as their test environment and we are their beta testers. I wonder why Warner Brothers accept Turbine to manage DDO like amateurs.

They 'accept' it because Turbine was managing DDO for 7-8 years before Warner bought the company out to develop (and quickly shut down) the DC comics MOBA-thing. Remeber, Turbine once was an independent company.

Doom & Gloom: Moving to new data servers tomorrow

Ok, doom & gloom time. If you think the last few patches have been bad, wait for tomorrow:
The DDO game servers will be down from 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) on Tuesday, March 8th to move the game servers to a new data center. It is possible that the game worlds will be open prior to 5:00 PM Eastern, but we'll keep you up to date on the forums and social media.

Just thinking about it makes me cringe. :(

Actually, I think we're their alpha testers. This stuff is way too buggy for beta.

Back
Top Bottom