The Video Game Trivia Thread

I'm thinking graphic rich adventure ... Myst was 1 CD, and Journeyman Project 2 was 3, but much later. So it must be '93 ... I dunno ...

My first thought was Phantasmagoria (which was actually 7), but that's way too late. Hmmm.

Thinking of old adventure games... I remember The 7th Guest coming on 2 CDs, but I'm not sure if it was the first???

Either a deep graphic adventure or one of those early games that filled space with tons of movies in MPG format. Part of the reasoning back then was to make something too big for for floppies as CD burners weren't out yet.

Either a deep graphic adventure or one of those early games that filled space with tons of movies in MPG format. Part of the reasoning back then was to make something too big for for floppies as CD burners weren't out yet.

I remember discussions of some early 4x space games as particularly piggy in that regard ... but I'm clueless in that genre.

OK. Let's get a little tougher.

What was the first PC game in history to come on 2 CD's?

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon? :)

I think that one had even more than 2 CDs though like 3 or 4.... hmmm...

Creature Shock came on two CDs, but I doubt it was the first one.

This is a good question - we all have ideas but not the answer :) Heck, since my brain quit this one I tried googling and couldn't get it straight on a quick check!

Darn good question!

Thinking of old adventure games... I remember The 7th Guest coming on 2 CDs, but I'm not sure if it was the first???

We have a winner!! Yes, the 7th Guest was the first. It was also the first to be available only on CD.

Your turn narpet.

We have a winner!! Yes, the 7th Guest was the first. It was also the first to be available only on CD.

Your turn narpet.

Wow... it's funny that the 7th Guest was the right answer. The only reason I remember it coming on two CDs was the fact that it's the only "non LucasArts" adventure game I've ever bought.

Okay... next question:

In the very first Gold Box game by SSI - The Pool of Radiance, one of the areas you have to visit is a graveyard. What is the name of that graveyard?

I played it back then, but it never was a favorite game (<-- another way of saying that I have no clue ;) ).

I played some of this on the AD&D collection a while ago in DOSBox, and I have it on the tip of my tongue but can't think of it exactly ... maybe it is because I'm excited for the upcoming PSP RPG 'Valhalla Knights' , but

'Valhalla'

sticks in my head, I know it is close but not right ... partial credit? ;)

I thought it was Valhingen?

txa1265 - you were on the right track :)

The winner is Icefire with Valhingen... even got the spelling correct!

You're up...

In "RollerCoaster Tycoon" there was an "Arid Heights" scenario which had no financial restrictions. However there was a catch to it. What was the catch that would shut down your park if it happened?

Ah yes the classic sandbox mode except you shouldn't let your rating drop below 700 (although you did have a short time to sort it out before it's over). I loved the tycoon games

Ah yes the classic sandbox mode except you shouldn't let your rating drop below 700 (although you did have a short time to sort it out before it's over). I loved the tycoon games

Correct! Next question is yours Kendrik.

Ok then, what was the first (and I think only) game that allowed you to send a photograph of yourself to the company that made it and they would send you a disk back allowing that photo to be used as your ingame Character photo?
(Hint - This was before digital cameras)

Back
Top Bottom