Titan Quest

I agree that the game is absolute loot overkill, reminds me of Sacred 1 - just an absurd amount of stuff you have to constantly be filtering thru. I love loot as much as the next tiger, but it starts to get pretty un-fun after a while when you start feeling more like a well armed accountant than a warrior...

But you dont have to go to the extreme of not picking anything up, youre missing out on some good stuff then. They have a system for filtering items, now I have it set to only display yellow or above items. Even that, quite frankly, is getting to be a bit much tho, but at least it's tolerable.

Im about to just start picking up green/blue/orange stuff only!

Yep, that's my method Sammy. otherwise you just get bogged down in a lot of item hauling.

There's no doubt the game has huge amounts of grind. I've evolved a method now (after years of addiction ;) ) that keeps me from losing it; I have multiple builds going in multiple difficulty levels, and when I get sick of the mobs in one spot, I do item farming, or work on another toon. Because really, it's the skill system that keeps you playing.

@Relayer: You have to go all the way through the first difficulty before you hit the next one, like Diablo.

@Thrasher: My advice would be to install the Immortal Throne (expansion)version so you can have everything in one place—the caravan for trading items between characters, and the last act already there so you don't have to mess with importing your vanilla TQ character. Then just see what grabs your fancy. It is a complete action rpg, though—so be prepared for a lot of hacking and slashing. :)

I was surprised to find that I had about 7mil. Now I'm going to have to find some better armor. The stats are good but that Lamellar stuff looks like a bunch of dead squirrels stitched together:lol:

No problem, as a DII Hell Difficulty vet, I am VERY familiar with the grind for perfect equipment....

Though apparently there's even more loot to filter through in TQ... literally. ;)

No problem, as a DII Hell Difficulty vet, I am VERY familiar with the grind for perfect equipment….

Though apparently there's even more loot to filter through in TQ… literally. ;)

Ah, in that case, you should feel very comfortable. I've posted this link before, but just in case you haven't seen it, titanquest.net is an excellent resource, especially for planning your character.

Hope you enjoy your slayride through Ancient Greece and beyond. :)

I was surprised to find that I had about 7mil. Now I'm going to have to find some better armor. The stats are good but that Lamellar stuff looks like a bunch of dead squirrels stitched together:lol:

And that's throwing roses at it. All the armor in the last act looks like it went through the woodchipper and got glued back together by preschoolers with no supervision. Some of those tiara-thingies look like they ought to have electrodes attached. ;)

Hahaha, that's it! I did find some better armor today, however, I now need to do the equipment juggle and squeeze out 2 more points of strength. I did just level up so that might be possible with my 2 points. Hopefully, I won't have to mentally number all my pieces..you know, this one on first so I can use that one, now I can use this one and voila I can wear the other stuff :D

It might be easier if I didn't have a helm plus a necklace with +1 to all stats. Ohhh...I just need one epic strength piece to complete the charm...

Oh and supper was late because I had the "gotta's" *snicker*

I had forgotten how fussy I could be to get things "just so". It drives me crazy but I can't help myself :)

I had forgotten how fussy I could be to get things "just so". It drives me crazy but I can't help myself

I know exactly what you mean. But I look at it this way—I get twice the number of hours out of any game with a paperdoll, plus my family gets a break from my anal obsessive focus in the real world. :)

Last edited:
Just got into Egypt, wow it's pretty cool!

I just hope there's more magic-oriented loot around. It seems like in Greece, right off the bat I found a couple good caster items, like in the first 3 hours of play. I didnt find ANYTHING after that, Ive been using pretty much the same stuff w/ the exception of a staff the entire time. Tons of weapons and heavy armor drop left and right, but no really good caster stuff that rivals what i have.

That can be infuriating, but some really good loot does drop in Egypt. There are a couple of caster armors that you can usually pick up there. But you can go through some long dry spells, too. There are all kinds of superstitions about how to change your luck: reload from the menu, exit and reload, quit windows and reload, etc...but I think it's just random, myself.

When you get to the Valley of the Kings, you should see some better drops. That's also a good area both to farm and to raise your level up before China. You should be in the twenties before you fight Typhon (the Titan endboss.) I usually am about level 30 when I move into the expansion because I farm him, too. ;)

things definitely are looking up since I hit Egypt, on the second leg of the Invocation quest (have to go to Giza) and Ive alrealy almost completely reoutfitted. Also, i'm totally using all the relics I can as well for extra protection. I went for poison resistance pretty heavy this time too and it's paying off, Im noticing a lot of stuff trying to poison me (like the last scorpion boss) and I'm shrugging it off pretty nicely.

Another thing I'm liking is the dot's, like "Life Leech", get that going for like leech 39 pts over 3 seconds, meanwhile burning for 24 pts over 3 secs, brutal.

I should have scored another prometheus flame for that staff, but I just had to get the hell out of greece. One more Satyr and I was gonna lose my mind! I did have a full prometheus but I used it for an artifact

Attachments

• titan1.jpg
    titan1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 59
  • titan2.jpg
    titan2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 59
That's a good staff for Normal, Sammy. Awesome intelligence on your toon. Using relics and artifacts is an important strategy to pick up, star heart is the artifact, right? Very good for earth(fire) damage. I'll have you know you've enticed me into messing with my little conjuror and she's now on her way to Athens—next stop Gorgons.

Satyrs are the boringest mob in the game, imo, though some of the stuff in the expansion gives them a run for the money. Eqypt and China both are more interesting to slay through.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. Just sat and farmed some Stonebinder cuffs off the Gorgons :celebrate:
Now I have +4 to all skills, although the helm (+1) has no other special attributes so I may be looking for better resistances :)

Im almost thru Egypt already - two more portals to get. Seriously plowing thru the mobs at this point, especially since ive been bumping up the Lich, he fries them w/ lightning while im setting them aflame and fragging them w volcanic orb

Just made it through Egypt myself and picked up some interesting stuff there and in the first few hours of China, so I thought I'd post a screenie or two. Obviously I have gear from past characters so I'm running fully twinked, but the first pic is very conjurerish-looking imo, :) and mostly all stuff my girl found herself except for the headdress, bracelet, relics and jewelry. In the following pics she's getting higher damage from the ring and the hood that boosts int & casting speed, and the robe's got resists and some -recharge that's very helpful. I'm building her more as a pure caster, with the earth skills for offense and one pet (the Lich King) for back up atm. Lots of fun. :)

Attachments

• horned conjurer.JPG
    horned conjurer.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 47
  • conjurer ring 1.JPG
    conjurer ring 1.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 44
  • conjurer staff.JPG
    conjurer staff.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 44
  • conjuror hood.JPG
    conjuror hood.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 8
Oh nice stuff! I just got to Crete myself on Epic. Btw, is there anything worth farming from the Telkine in Epic?

I will miss my favorite cranky Athenian merchant in Athens when I move to the next act.

"Travel far...."

...away from here"

That never fails to crack me up :D

I like the old soldier in early greece you're supposed to rescue and turns out he's sitting surrounded by piles of monsters he's wiped out—"no need to worry about old so-and-so…" great voice acting on that one. ;)

AFA the telkine—-I find ALL the telkines to be worth three or four runs at least, but that's me. Don't know if you've seen this thread over at titanquest.net, but it has a table that tells you who will drop a specific item, say if you're looking to complete a set. I have a shortcut to the spreadsheet on my desktop, that's how sick I am. :p

Oh nice stuff! I just got to Crete myself on Epic. Btw, is there anything worth farming from the Telkine in Epic?

I will miss my favorite cranky Athenian merchant in Athens when I move to the next act.

"Travel far…."

…away from here"

That never fails to crack me up :D

Yup. And his "I serve the wise and the powerful, are you sure YOU should be shopping here?"

Back
Top Bottom