Two Worlds

Sorry, don't have either; I'm a mage remember!! :)

Thanks, now all I have to do is figure out how to damage a Stone Dragon!! :)

Concentration and the necro drain spell = 1 spell death in about 15 seconds without taking any damage ...

Ok is there some trick to getting the "R" key to pull up my previous weapon? I have not messed with the keyboard assignments but it does not work for me.

Ok is there some trick to getting the "R" key to pull up my previous weapon? I have not messed with the keyboard assignments but it does not work for me.

I can't speak to the R key specifically (maybe a typo in the manual?), as I remapped mine right away, but the only thing I can think is that you have to keep the weapon "equipped" on the rag doll in one of the slots on the lower left hand side. If you take the weapon off the rag doll and put it in the inventory on the right, it won't be available to cycle through with the hot key. Oh, one other thing: you probably already know, but you can't use two handers (including pole weapons) while on horseback. Lame, but true.

Update 1.6 for the Xbox 360 version of Two Worlds has been published to the Xbox Live System.
What does this patch fix? Just a few of the fixes: Reduced MP Lag, friendly fire in RPG mode - disabled, Crime System and Forgiveness in SP fixed, all known MP exploits like cloning of objects, framerate problems (Xbox 360) - and many, many more.
The Update for PC will follow on Monday/Tuesday.

http://www.insidetwoworlds.de/

Two Worlds - The Temptation add-on
http://www.2-worlds.com/temptation/#
Head for a new horizon! With the add-on, "Two Worlds - The Temptation", the "Two Worlds" universe continues to grow, introducing new game content, extended gameplay and providing you with the answers to many questions and mysteries which arose in the main story!
The developers are focusing on a blend of the proven and the new: besides several well-known regions of Antaloor, there are also completely new territories to explore. The combat system has been further enhanced too - now you can use active blocking, for example. Many other additional developments have been added - developments which have enabled a completely new means of transport and a much enhanced reaction from NPC's - but more on these and a whole host of other surprises shortly! The release of "Two Worlds - The Temptation" for PC and consoles is planned for the first half of 2008

Last edited:
Ok, finally picked this up and up to able level 12 and I mostly try mages. The game at least with 1.6 seems very fun, much better feeling than some of the more popular Action/RPGs, except Gothic series which is still king to me. The world environments are much more real like Gothic and much less cartoonish as some others. It's pretty cool just exploring around, which is what I intend to do for a long while before the MQ.

On the other side the dialogs are cartoonish certainly not horrible, by any means and animations are stiff but that doesn't make it bad at all, it just sort of makes me not interested in them, with the voice acting average, though this could very easily be due to the average quality writing.

I wish there was a good/better system to tell teachers, quest givers and generics apart better most all previous games have done better. I have problems with horses, even though it sounds like they are an improvement over previous versions.

They could easily have a hit with fully working Coop here, mmogs are in many ways a substitute for Coop and with only DL as competition they could blow DL away, scoring at least 200k new sales in the first year and word of mouth would do most of the work. :)

You can tell them apart by the colour and shape of the symbol that appears when you mouse over them!!

Ahh, that's true. :)
Honestly, I miss the way it was done in most other RPGs, as important NPCs have names while generics have names like *townsman or townswomen* like Gothic series or almost all other RPGs I can think of atm.
It's also new to me having 10 merchants in a city just to get random spawns on equipment, makes you feel you need to check them all, incase something important spawns, but it's a pain.

What the hells up with being a mage and not even being able to buy spells, even level 1?
That sucks.

Oh and I forgot to mention the horses, they are just messed up! :p
I feel for you guys that have been riding them since release. :)

Oh and I forgot to mention the horses, they are just messed up! :p I feel for you guys that have been riding them since release. :)

I still don't get this. They aren't difficult at all. And once you get the hang of it, they're damn fun and the best implementation of horses in a game I've seen yet. Maybe it's just one of those chair tongue vs. roll tongue things. Some can. Some can't. *shrug*

Havent tried 1.6 yet, but at least the 1.5 horses were vastly inferior to those of Mount & Blade. Turning and the horse having a mind of its own was manageable, but the way the horse got stuck or turned due to any kind of steep slope was extremely frustrating.

Aclaesius: I cant think of any place with more than one mage merchant, so you might as well make the one next to the starting village your staple provider. Offload all loot to him and you will run across interesting spells eventually. IMHO they could have placed the merchants in a more convenient way overall, since running back and forth to sell loot can be a pain an action RPG. Adding the pain of searching for traders who sometimes walk around (at least in Tharbakin) to find that last armour piece of your set adds to the frustration. I played a paladin-type character and ended up with three main trading locations:

Spells: Starting village
Weapons: The place where you get your first horse (south of the starting village). If I had tonnes of money to spend I'd also scour Tharbakin since it is the city that is easiest to vacuum for merchants.
Lockpicks: Only needed in the beginning, available in the starting village.
Necro spells: Didnt use those, but I'd assume the Khudinar necro trader is easiest to reach from a TP. Khudinar is a mid-late game destination though.

All of these locations are easy to reach from a TP, and there doesnt seem to be any location component to what the traders stock. As for spells you will find huge quantities of some of them from enemies (poison dart or whatever the necro attack spell is for instance a staple of the necromancers that guard certain locations).

chamr said:
They aren't difficult at all.
Not sure difficult is the issue, overly cumbersome and unresponsive might be better, hehe. :)
I can't believe I have discovered a second thing oblivion does well besides the editor, but low and behold 2W just convinced me. ;)

Great tips, Zaleukos, thanks. :)
I did notice that first shady trader seemed to be the only one I have found so far, occasionally selling spells. Even though this guy charges 25% more and pay 25% less for items than other merchants. So far I don't have a choice, maybe in some of the up and coming cities.

How could you miss the first mage guild spell trader? He is right opposite the starting village TP and probably the most accessible of all traders:D

Isn't that the same one I am talking about, next to your friend/acquaintance who gives you the quest to activate portals? He charges more and pays less than others, even those in the first village. Honestly I didn't get the impression he was a Mage Guild, as he acted very secretive with his initial dialog, much more like a Thief, well at least in my game. :)

Then we were talking about the same guy all along:) I thought you meant the thief trader who walks around inside the village. I havent noticed that he offered bad prices, but then I usually sell my stuffs to the brotherhood merchant at the corral instead. As a paladin type I mainly bought rings from the mage trader, and there arent that many other sources to compare the price with.

I think that the best traders to sell stuff to is the Giriza ones, as they supposedly pay more the better your reputation with the organisation. Havent tried it in practice though.

EDIT: There is a mage trader in Tharbakin as well (close to the guy who gives you a quest to find some old staff), but since he sometimes walk around and has the same randomised stock as the first one I didnt use him much. As a primary caster it might be worth it to check him out every now and then though. There's also one or two right next to the TP in Ashos, but that is fairly late game.

From the official site:
The Temptation is an add-on for Two Worlds, set several years after the original, that will put a greater emphasis on the Elves race. The expansion will feature all-new regions to explore, new enemies, improved AI and NPC behavior, reworked Drak'ar and Oswaroh environments, the ability to actively repel hits with your shield and much more.
The developers are focusing on a blend of the proven and the new: besides several well-known regions of Antaloor, there are also completely new territories to explore. The combat system has been further enhanced too – now you can use active blocking, for example. Many other additional developments have been added – developments which have enabled a completely new means of transport and a much enhanced reaction from NPCs – but more on these and a whole host of other surprises shortly!

The "Two Worlds" universe is now even more interactive. Together with the upcoming sequel "The Temptation", a new gameplay feature has been developed that will enable the player to influence his environment even more! He can now use chests, barrels and other items to defeat his opponents or to reach higher ground - and as far as the vertical is concerned, there are ladders available in "The Temptation"!

And when you've climbed up there, you'll be able to see the wondrous new landscapes which have been created by the developers! Two examples of these are a Savannah and a Jungle. You'll have mangroves, lianas, cacti and new animals, all filling the new worlds with an abundance of life, like rhinos, baboons, leopards and panthers.
CEO Alexandra Constandache: “So with ‘The Temptation’ we've succeeded in realizing a truly intensive gaming experience - an experience that also includes the refining of the 'older' elements together with truly stunning new features! When you move objects, for example, the possibilities are almost endless... you can use all your creative talents and enable very interesting quests at the same time."

Developed by Reality Pumps, The Temptation, originally the name for the PS3 port, is currently scheduled for Q2 2008.

Thanks for the update, Savant. Do you know if the sequal will be a seamless update that brings all the improvements to the original game as well? Or will it be it's own, segregated region?

Well I took the plunge and got 2W and from what I saw it looked and played nice but my poor old system couldn't handle it so it's time for a 6 month long upgrade - I do have a gripe though - what is it with developers these days who add in game content with a special key - 2W has it (and collectors edition) and Empire Earth 3 (naming those I have and know of) - if your gonna give extra content as a bonus for buying your games then make it so noone else gets it - it all ends up on the net for everyone regardless :/

True, but I bought the CE!! :) If you need advice on the best local prices for doing an upgrade, let me know since I've sourced the best places recently!!

Back
Top Bottom