Uh Oh! Unknown Animal Eating Sharks In …

Cool story. They should send a robotic device into that area.

I can only imagine octopus-like animals to be predators in these depths there - but they are not that big that they could swallow such a shark.

Another possibility could be hitherto unknown feeding habits of already known animals ... I could imagine the Whale Shark for that - but that animal is a "filter feeder" - it shouldn't be able to eat something like bigger fish of any size.

An orca?
A greater great white? They can grow to more than 6 meters.

Pibbur who doesn't think it's godzilla.

I think I remember reading something about this a while back, with the consensus being that it was probably another, bigger shark.

Pfffttt, its got to be Godzilla!

How far is Australia from Tokyo anyway?

Just looked at a map. Its pretty close for a giant lizard thingy.

An orca?
A greater great white? They can grow to more than 6 meters.

Pibbur who doesn't think it's godzilla.

Both these things are possible and I would add a giant squib to that list.

Yeah, squibs (both giant and more moderately sized) can be vicious :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7DRwPbVJM

It's pretty creepy that youtube suggested a megalodon video based on me searching for megalodon, but anyway here it is. Looks like they have filmed one on tape. Anyway they filmed SOMETHING, and it's ginormous and doesn't fit any common taxonomy.

I think it's likely they are still around. The oarfish is a good explanation why - basically things that rarely surface beyond 100-200 feet will hardly ever be sighted. Oarfish was once thought very rare but is now thought to be common, and they can also be quite huge.

You're video shows something that was identified as a sleeper shark.

There's no such thing as 40-50 foot sleeper shark, they get to be 14 feet. That cage is about 6 foot across. It may be something similar to one but larger, but it does NOT fit that classification

Lots of people in video make claims it is whale shark or 50 various things but there's no consensus or input from experts. Regardless, something that size means other things that size are around. They've discovered dozens of sharks thought to be extict, aren't, just in the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv7DRwPbVJM

It's pretty creepy that youtube suggested a megalodon video based on me searching for megalodon, but anyway here it is. Looks like they have filmed one on tape. Anyway they filmed SOMETHING, and it's ginormous and doesn't fit any common taxonomy.

I think it's likely they are still around. The oarfish is a good explanation why - basically things that rarely surface beyond 100-200 feet will hardly ever be sighted. Oarfish was once thought very rare but is now thought to be common, and they can also be quite huge.

That's not a clip from that awful Discovery program, is it? You know, the one they did that was just as based in reality as the mermaids one.

There's no such thing as 40-50 foot sleeper shark, they get to be 14 feet. That cage is about 6 foot across. It may be something similar to one but larger, but it does NOT fit that classification

Lots of people in video make claims it is whale shark or 50 various things but there's no consensus or input from experts. Regardless, something that size means other things that size are around. They've discovered dozens of sharks thought to be extict, aren't, just in the last few years.

You might want to read the comments, there is actually information in it. That's not a cage (and not 6 foot across) and the shark is about 7 meters long.

Welcome to the world of hoax.

I'd rather it be Godzilla but they are pretty sure it was just a larger shark.

Still, its the deadly land known as Australia. I'm surprised any people survive to adulthood there.

That's not a clip from that awful Discovery program, is it? You know, the one they did that was just as based in reality as the mermaids one.

That show irked me so bad. Someone I knew (I won't say who) thought it was real :S. I can only imagine how many others thought it was a real documentary as well. I'll bet there are quite a few.

This story is cool, though, and a bit creepy. Let's face it, it's probably some giant sea monster. Maybe the Loch Ness Monster left the Loch Ness in the middle of the night and now hunts sharks in the ocean. Who knows.

All I know is, I stay the hell out of the water :).

I'd rather it be Godzilla but they are pretty sure it was just a larger shark.

Still, its the deadly land known as Australia. I'm surprised any people survive to adulthood there.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Fewer people are killed/die in Australia each year than in even ONE American city!! The only connection I've ever had with a shark is on my dinner plate; they are delicious!! :)

Hah!!! I HAVE Discovery Channel, you know. And National Geographics. Animal Planet, too. So I've seen all the irwins running about, looking for and finding (easily) the most dangerous creatures on earth. So you don't fool me.

I see your point about sharks and dinner plates, only I'm not so sure that the dinner plate we're talking about is operated by a human.

Hah!!!

BTW, one thing that puzzles me. How come the most dangerous microbes are not primarily located in Oz? You do have rabies, of course, but where's the ozzie equivalent to ebola? Seems a bit incoinsistent, if you ask me. Even if you don't.

pibbur who isn't fooled by anybody, except himself.

Why no microbes? Too small!! We are only interested in large killing things!

Like the irukandji?

pibbur who admits that the length of the irukandji body is 1.25 million times the length of your average ebolavirus, but still wouldn't consider it a large killing thing. And it knows the importance of not being seen.

Back
Top Bottom