US Now Have A Total Gangster Government

No - just clarifying that violence against inanimate objects, especially those of someone's own property, is different than violence against people / living things and should be treated as such in law. Because by that token, killing someone who has a 'Red Sox Suck' hat or 'America Love it or Leave it' shirt should be protected as counter-protest ;)

@magerette: Ouch! And I tend to get grumpy if the temperature rises above 20C (and for once I'm going to translate to the other scale: 68F). My sympathies!
Yes, I think it does something bad to my Scandanavian-descended blood--like it boils in my veins. I used to tolerate it better when I was a sprout, but now that I've gotten old and soft it makes me want to yell at kids on my lawn. ;)

@mudsling: I don't have the money to buy flags or the time to burn them--it's silly. I did march in the Sixties, but that was mostly because protests were the best place to find kindred spirits--or hook up, as I think you young people say now. (No STD's to speak of back then, and so forth.) AFA what I've done since the terrible horrible Kenyan took office, I've managed to keep up a level of reasonable bitching, I think. I don't like some of his security policies (on warrantless wiretapping, for example--but I'm paranoid enough to think the government does that stuff anyway whether it's a policy or not--) or how he's handled Wall Street, but I'm fairly comfortable with most of the rest.

Last edited:
Wow, even dubya would have to agree that is the most effective way to discredit those who are object to the "kenyan" tookover :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you just said, but I'm sure it's a great put-down if I could only figure it out.

It's because you've already been taken over by Kenya, Mags.

Thanks, that would explain it. It's obviously affected my interpretive skills.

Last edited:
There seems to be some kind of resurgence of the "Birther" tin-foil-hattery lately. I've read a few snippets here and there, but can't get a proper picture. Anyone care to fill me in?

There seems to be some kind of resurgence of the "Birther" tin-foil-hattery lately. I've read a few snippets here and there, but can't get a proper picture. Anyone care to fill me in?

apparently a couple of republicans have introduced a bill to require any candidate for office to present their birth certificiate - not that they're claiming Obama wasn't born in the US no siree

What BO is doing is much more detrimental than where he was landed...I don't give a dime about these birthers. Since someone suggested I maybe guilty by association, so I might as well play devil's advacate. Who knows, one of those faithful will get the price.

"That guy in the first link is an idiot and doesn't even understand how citizenship works"

That sort reasoning will get you working for any gov agency just fine. I am sure he will readily agree that oral sex is not sex.

"That guy in the first link is an idiot and doesn't even understand how citizenship works"

That sort reasoning will get you working for any gov agency just fine. I am sure he will readily agree that oral sex is not sex.

What does that even mean?

I tried to get you at least one textual reference, but the Colbert video at the end really says it best. The recent increase in news media coverage of this classic conspiracy theory was sparked by this incident at a Republican Rep's town hall in Delaware. It was picked up on CNN by professional grumpy old man Lou Dobbs(pro-conspiracy) and Rick Sanchez(con), and Chris Mathews had several episodes discussing/debunking it on Hardball (on mostly lefty MSNBC). From there it's blossomed in many shapes and forms on teh interwebs. The latest is elected Republican officials running away from cameras and mikes when asked whether Obama is an American citizen, or otherwise playing into the idea.
Full coverage on the Colbert report:
Womb Raiders

It's safe to say I'm no fan of Barack, but this is getting silly. The horse isn't just out of the barn, it's three miles down the road. This ain't a cut-n-dry "there's the presidential seed" Clinton sex scandal--the evidence is muddy enough (even under a "pro-birther" light) that neither side will win the argument, so pursuing it further is pointless.

The evidence isn't muddy at all. Unless you believe that the state of Hawaii gave a false certificate of live birth and the two Honolulu newspapers that published the birth announcement 47 years ago are somehow controlled by the Illuminati or [insert world domination group of choice].

@Ubereil: I missed that one, thanks. (Yes, where ARE the world-fixing fairies, Obama???)

I agree with you completely, magerette. I was just attempting to describe the evidence from a birther viewpoint, which is a challenge even for one of my political bent.

I agree with you completely, magerette. I was just attempting to describe the evidence from a birther viewpoint, which is a challenge even for one of my political bent.

A challenge and probably not good for your cognitive abilities. It's an interesting psychological trip though. Kind of reminds me of the 911 conspiracy fringers. I think it's something in our national water supply.

Back
Top Bottom