Warhammer 40K: Space Marine - i may be a convert

Because that's their opinion? ;)

Not saying other people can't have fun with it, but I'll always prefer keyboard+mouse for shooters. I rarely play any FPSs on a console anyways, and when I do, I don't want to be waving a peripheral around in the air the entire time.
Ok sounds reasonable. I dont do it all the time either but Im so bored to regular piperans I need somthing extra to get interested. And this is a nice alternative. In anycase Im not saying its taking over entire. Its just one of three control methods I use.

Thanks for the explanations, Fnord.

Ok sounds reasonable. I dont do it all the time either but Im so bored to regular piperans I need somthing extra to get interested. And this is a nice alternative. In anycase Im not saying its taking over entire. Its just one of three control methods I use.

It's nice to be able to use something other than a standard controller once in awhile. I remember how cool I thought the Wii-motes were when I first got my Wii.

Unfortunately, a lot of peripherals work better in theory than they do in reality. After the first 8-10 hours of flicking that thing in Zelda: Twilight Princess, I was wishing I could just use a regular gamepad. The problem with a lot of Wii games is that they force you to use the Wii-mote. Playstation Move titles are superior in that you have a choice of still using a regular PS3 gamepad (afaik).

Im considering going trackball part-time, been having bad wrist and hand pain lately. I wonder how they fare for gaming. I definitely need dpi control - once you go 1k+ DPI, you never go back!

I'm not sure about this game. Since there are no Skaven in it I do not feel obliged to buy without really checking it out first. I hated Gears of War and I still have nightmares about Fire Warrior *shiver*. Guess I'll have to try the demo and see.

In addition to all that Dead Island is coming out next week so I think I'll pass on it for awhile unless I start hearing absolutely glowing praises from everyone. I'll grab it eventually, but ever since Fire Warrior I no longer grab anything W40K just because of its setting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction, Fnord. Like I said, my knowledge of W40k lore is spotty at best (I'm more into Warhammer Fantasy). I thought 'servitor' was a generic name for robots, cyborgs and whatnot in the 40k universe. I stand corrected.

i played the demo for around 10 minutes and was not impressed. an action (not adventure or fps) game in a setting that i'm not a great fan of lead for an underwhelming experience. i've still yet to finish either dawn of war 2 or its 1st expansion which i've had for a very long time. finished the first couple in the first RTS series. i also am awaiting dead island though still on the fence as to whether I'll get it on release. Need to finish up the First Templar still and also Bulletstorm which I suprisingly was really enjoying before Deus Ex came out. Strangely enough both have a similirity of an XP system that rewards you for different combat approaches. Also the voice actor whose in nearly 80% of all games it seems does the main characters voice and he fits the role perfectly as his best work in my view was Oghren in Dragon Age Origins, and he reprises the role of a druken loud mouth warrior once again.

freaking awesome demo. I loved every gore drenched min of it.

maybe the demo gets better but the 5 minutes i played of it was like a terrible console port from 5 years ago. maybe if i had a deep love for the franchise or even a real like i might have enjoyed it or at least perservered. maybe when i have less games to play i'll try it again or when some stellar reviews come out. but more likely when i have that time i'll try and get engaged back into the dawn of war 2 franchise that i own most of.

the one form total biscuit wasn't enough? the guy was pretty much crying from glee :)
anyway what's with US release on the 6th and israel release on the 9th even in STEAM!?
WTF?
I mean this is globalization if I buy my copy on steam it should be playable when the US players gets theirs...

and it's out
pop goes the Orks head

Back
Top Bottom