Wasteland 2 - Officially Released

Ok, one important thing for everyone who betatested: They rebalanced INT.
Now it grants the 3rd skillpoint at a skill of 4. And then another one at 8!
So between 4 and 8 you spend 4 attribute points for 1 skillpoint per level and 1 action point. Probably only makes sense if you go up to 10 to also take another point of each.

And: First crash after about 2h.

Last edited:
I spent over 40 hours with this game during beta, and while it does have a lot of cool things going for it, I just couldn't get over how relatively boring the battles were. There are also a few zones that juuuussst draaaag oooouuut so looooong… I was pretty excited during my initial few hours, but quickly lost steam. I ultimately stopped playing before I got to California, and I really have no interest in going back to finish. Considering I love the post-apoc setting, the top-down "old school" RPG and guns, it's telling that I don't really have a desire to revisit Wasteland 2.

I'm going to start playing this after work.

Although, I don't expect to like it that much. I have issues getting into post-apocalyptic settings, no idea why. I got the game from my PoE reward tiers, might has well try it.

Glad you guys are post-beta testing it. Should be all polished up and ready to play some time next year. ;-)

Your standards are way too high, I finished one of the last public betas and I encountered like one broken quest during ~36 hours of gameplay. Pretty sure the final isn't going to be worse. Can't wait to play honestly. But the download will take its time…

I'm certainly going to pick this up eventually. I love the post apoc setting. I'll wait until the first patch at least tho as I am in no hurry.

I don't know when I'll get around to playing this, but I'd love to hear some feedback from the Watch. Especially if you can manage to avoid the usual old-school bias ;)

Totaly off Topic
I didnt know there were 1 TB of those yet.
One of the mechanical is making noices so...

OnT
Wasteland 2 got a rather god review at FZ.se

Curious since FO, FO2 are games that I have never played.

C

Don't wait, go download and play. I think it is polished enough already. It is a great game! Any large game is always going require patching. There are things that the developers won't even think of that might break something. Unless you wait 5yrs after the game is released, you will never have a perfect game.

When you talk to someone, the typewriter line-by-line appearing text, while reading, can be quite annoying. I wish text would appear instantly as a whole, would be more comfortable for the eye. IIRC there was an option in the beta, not sure… cannot find one.

When you talk to someone, the typewriter line-by-line appearing text, while reading, can be quite annoying. I wish text would appear instantly as a whole, would be more comfortable for the eye. IIRC there was an option in the beta, not sure… cannot find one.

For me that is also (the only one so far) a negative point.
But i just click it so the text scrolls out at once.
I wonder what the difference is between this version and the latest beta.

Looking forward to play this after finishing Risen 3 and D:OS, which will be somewhen in December I think. :)

Same here! Finally, the there's more good RPGs than I can handle. It's a great feeling after years of RPG drought. I usually replay my RPGs, so I'm stocked up for months ahead :).

Recently finished D: O.S and Risen 3 and now I'm making time playing the GOG version of M&M 6. So much fun and it's still totally addictive game play.

Early Kickstarter backer of Wasteland 2. So I'm gonna wait for my cloth map (and other goodies) then I can really kick it old school.

It's been a spectacular year for good RPGs. We will all look fondly on these days.

About the typewriter staggered-text, that should be easy to fix with an option to disable it, make sure they know about your complaint. (That would annoy me too)

I was really enjoying the game in late beta but stopped playing to avoid spoiling it all (since you'd have to repeat everything when the full game hit). I'm happy to finally get back to it and give it a full go.

I didn't encounter bugs in beta - except the kind you need to slay. The game is huge. I personally think the graphics are excellent for this style of game (and considering the budget that's even more of a feat). The music and sounds are great.

Hint/suggestion that some may consider a spoiler:

Fully explore the area where you start and acquire angela as a follower. If not, you pretty much make the early content into hard to impossible mode. Enough people have posted that the game is brutally difficult (with this being the reason) that I think it's worth mentioning. I never expected to get a follower immediately and overlooked her my first time. Plus she's devastating. It's kind of odd to me but whatever.

I restart games all the time for various reasons but restarting over something like this isn't quite as neato.

At this point reviews from big sites mean next to nothing to me. These people are just like us, players with opinions. The only difference is they get published and far too often have bias due to being IN the industry.

I'll look at reviews but I've come to value forums, player reviews, and taking in everything available as a composite if I'm needing outside opinions on potential game purchases.

Ok, so for me (and for a couple of others, see steam forum) the game kept crashing about 15-20 Minutes.

How I solved it: Locked fps to 30, set shadows to "hard", disabled filtering, disabled AA.
Now it works. Didn't crash during beta btw.

The UI doesn't scale enough, it's still much too small on a 2560x1440 at the highest setting.

The graphics are very ugly and washed out, it's simply not very appealing, though the atmosphere is there.

Also I'm worried of how loudly my 7970's fan is spinning with the stories of Unity frying GPUs. Unity really is utterly unoptimized, it's baffling.

If you could only play one game and your choice was this or Divinity: Original Sin; which would you play

If you could only play one game and your choice was this or Divinity: Original Sin; which would you play

For me, hands down, D:OS. I went in thinking it'd be the exact opposite. OS kept my attention for 135 hours from start to finish. Wasteland 2 did not, even though I prefer WL2's setting (post apoc/sci-fi vs fantasy).

Back
Top Bottom