We Don't Need No Stinking Pause

I've played several games where I would have been glad for some help from a god. ;)

I think gods and religion are an undercurrent and a convention in most rpgs--but the problem is they always *seem* like they are an undercurrent and a convention, not real divine powers, or as Squeek was saying earlier, distinct personalities with agendas, vulnerabilities or self-doubts.

Last edited:
I certainly love pause.... I can't stand real-time. Probably why I don't really like MMORPG.

I'm not saying that the player would *have* to call upon any god for help; in fact that goes against my statement about every problem being solvable by multiple means.

I'm more into the fact that it's almost always a Grecio/Roman pantheon of gods and goddesses in the majority of games, and the ones who don't do this either have very dumbed down, undeveloped divinity or ignore it entirely.

While it shouldn't be a focus of a game, it would help with world generation and immersion if the religious aspects of the various cultures within were developed more than "yep, they's got one!"

I certainly love pause.... I can't stand real-time. Probably why I don't really like MMORPG.

That's why I had to give up WoW. I loved the game (well I loved my guild) but I just could balance playing for XX hours with no pause with a new baby and a new mum in the house. Hence now I only go for games with pause and save in them (or ones with very short levels ala Mario Kart Wii).

Back
Top Bottom