We Knew Her Before She Was Famous!

How come you don't participate in all our amazingly civilized - most of the time - religious debates then ?
I'm sure Corwin must feel very lonely as the lone religious wolf....

The quotes did seem to be quite related to one another, not sure about modern life though.

I couldn't debate if my life depended on it :). Besides, I may be religious, but being more of a Unitarian I'm not really a missionary.
The quotes cover issues like insufficient salary, Sunday work, injustice and false visions; they also speak of revenge ;). As an employee of a huge corp and a member of the worker's council I have to discuss topics like 'astronomic exec bonuses vs. employee salary cuts' on a daily base, and my personal opinion is that modern day worklife needs a higher dose of morality. But, well, I'd rather refrain from talking about work here... I'm glad I can come here to relax.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about all the different denominations, there are too many of them, so I am not sure how one group differs from the other. Except maybe for the larger ones, like the Anglican Church vs. Catholicism.

I would have asked you which company you were working at, but since you said that's not what interests you here, I won't.

Erm, actually I used to be mercenary regarding established religion, joining those who signed my paycheck. So what's in my papers is different from what I actually believe, and there I'm a Unitarian/Universalist, basically believing that everybody is connected to the Divine (however you may call it), and that all religions are basically the same.

As for my job, I'm in the retail business. Used to be fleet manager, now I'm a SAP project assistant (much more to my liking). I just hate what's going on 'upstairs' - people being pushed around, being regarded as numbers and so on. My boss calls me an anarchist. I guess I'm not, but hey, it doesn't matter, anyway... ;)

Back
Top Bottom