What games are you playing now?

Just finished Mass Effect 1 so I could have a fresh save to use in ME2 which I have owned for a long time and finally started yesterday.

I'd played the former a few years ago but this is the first time for the latter. For an old game adding some post render shaders made ME1 look pretty nice actually. It's a reasonably good story/game, not much really to do tactically though (I spose most watchers know this already). I'd forgotten a great many of the finer details of the story and also wanted to refresh the various decisions I remembered carry over with your character to ME2 so I spent little time diverting to the secondary content.

Now lets see if I can stick with ME2 to the end the first time around. I have no real intention of buying ME3 or 4 (whatever they're up to). Must be the subliminal waves going round the web, I'm not really sure why I started playing this one a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Diablo 2 on a private server

Alan Wake, just a few hours in. Pretty interesting this one…sort of Max Payne/RE IV/Twin peaks mix.
Really great ambiance, but man controls are a bit annoying. Didn't play something like this since Dead Space.

I tried Alan Wake a few years back and didn't care for it. I'm a big fan of survival horror, but AW didn't seem like it was on the same level as something like Dead Space. I thought it was more akin to Silent Hill although not nearly as interesting.

Playing Tyranny, liking it a lot so far. Gameplay is similar to PoE, but different enough so that it doesn't feel like the same game. One big difference is the introduction of a spellcrafting system, where you get runes, expansions and 'accents' that lets you customize spells however you want. At the start there isn't much you can customize, but as your lore grow you can add more and more powerful modifications to the core spells (fire, cold, lightning, heal, buff, debuff, etc).

I'm playing dungeon rats. I started with a high intelligence and high charisma character but that wasn't very good or easy to play a fighting game with.

I restarted with a stronger main character and it's going much better.

I am playing on the default difficulty but with reloads because I like trying out new things. I am probably going to be starting the mid game soon but still in early game for now. I would say that to complete the game would take around 25-30 hours for a first play through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everquest 2, Enderal, Civilization VI and Fishing Simulator to relax even more than usual :)

After getting my Alienware 13 laptop back from the dead (ok, that was dramatic, it was just the hard drive!) .... I have reinstalled a bunch of stuff and started a number of games (NWN Diamond, Jade Empire, Call of Duty, Gothic 2 Gold, Titan Quest, and some others ... ) ... but what has stuck?

Two Worlds. Yeah I know.- the terrible balance and dialogue haven't improved with age, but I always found it a blast, and am thoroughly enjoying it. Just had fun where I got comfortable being able to easily take out groups of Grms, Wolves and Boars ... but entered a cave and got utterly demolished by Fire Skeletons! Haha - reload, and re-equip and re-think THAT cave. Made it through without a problem, but the random difficulty spikes are actually a fun element.

Two Worlds 1 is an unappreciated gem, very enjoyable. I enjoyed crafting and upgrading the magnificent armors and weapons, and even riding.

Back to topic: I am currently playing Might & Magic X (got Uplay code from eBay for £0.99!) - what a clever, old school surprise it is. Great atmosphere, sound effects, animations. Combat is tactical and requires thinking, careful use of team member abilities and weapons/magic, and planning ahead. Enemies are varied and clever, not just cannon fodders. Loot and upgrades are all well done and balanced. About 2 hours in and enjoying it thoroughly (brings back playing DA:O vibes again).

Probably because timezones rubbish. Some people could play D2 since yesterday morning, on my side it got unlocked at midnight. It also happened with Civ6.

How are you playing Tyranny already? Game doesn't unlock for at least another hour for me; I believe at 17:00 CET.

He most probably got a review copy code. The game unlock at the same time for everyone.

I've just finished commander keen 1 again because I felt like a change of pace in-between other games. Worked out how to make a multi-choice batch file for the keen games so I could launch them from the one link. Steam didn't do this by default for some reason with the desktop link for the game.

I have about 15 hours left out of what has to be over 200 this play though the TW3 with both expansions.

Then into Tyranny.

As soon as my tablet charges I'm back into Avernum, probably. Might restart, though. It's been months since I played, have a save file mid-game and you know how that goes...

I'm still playing Fallout 4, but had a little break while they were updating F4SE. Back in Far Harbor for a few days building some settlements. I did most of the content with Nick, but I'm here with Curie right now.

Rocketleague (daily, kinda have to play at least some every day or skills erode (what a drag it is getting old), and it's crack-like addictive so that's not a problem)

Civ 6 (looking forward to whenever they patch but I enjoy the game regardless)

Borderlands 2 (still haven't finished it - co-op runs with friends never complete so I'm going solo now)

Grim Dawn (yet another game I've had forever and never got that far into it)

Dungeon of the Endless (bought on sale recently after watching Quill play it and finally getting interested - pretty awesome game)

Going to start Tyranny in "earnest" tonight (I played it a bit to get a feel of the mechanics before settling for a specific character).

Soon, Az "The Flaming Fist" (or "The Thrower", I kinda like the Javelin) is going to go around the Tiers with his Scarlet Chorus buddies (or is it bodies, lol). Yes, yes, yes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom