What issue do these symptoms indicate for a new PC?

It could be a number of things:
bad memory - i use prime95 to test for parity errors in new systems;
loose memory module - check how much memory the computer thinks it actually has - sometime during shipping (if it was shipped) a memory module gets dislodged.
-
it could be a bad driver and reinstalling won't do any harm but bad memory will also cause code to constantly crash or misbehave. I'd boot the machine in 'safe' mode and run prime95 for at least 4 hours (but overnight is best); there are tricks to running it correctly - you want to use all but 500MB of free ram; you want to run the stress test so it maximize memory usage et all.... if you've never done it before maybe just run memtest but memtest is pretty lame and frequently fails to detect certain type of multi-bit errors.

Looks to me rather like a Trojan. Or someioe spying on your PC.
But yes, it could also be RAM too hot, and the whole PC not getting enougfh cooling and/or power from the current.

I had a similar problem a looong tima ago on a 7800gtx (I think). It was both the bad power supply and the graphics card that was acting up together. Had to replace both.

My computer had to be sent out twice to be fixed. The first time it came back it would shock me when I touched it or my keyboard or mouse. It destroyed a really nice gaming keyboard I had. I just got it back for the second time a week ago, and its working great now. I just wanted to thank everyone that gave advice and help. I really appreciated it.

My computer had to be sent out twice to be fixed. The first time it came back it would shock me when I touched it or my keyboard or mouse. It destroyed a really nice gaming keyboard I had. I just got it back for the second time a week ago, and its working great now. I just wanted to thank everyone that gave advice and help. I really appreciated it.
I'm glad things (finally) worked out.

Some cosmic force really wanted you to go through something with this computer. Shocking you? That's some fine quality testing they did. Sheesh.

I'm glad things (finally) worked out.

Some cosmic force really wanted you to go through something with this computer. Shocking you? That's some fine quality testing they did. Sheesh.
The shocking sounds like excess current through the usb bus; probably wired something incorrectly - but surprise it didn't fry the mb.

The shocking sounds like excess current through the usb bus; probably wired something incorrectly - but surprise it didn't fry the mb.
I just don't understand why the people "repairing" a PC don't, you know, turn it on and at a bare minimum test that it doesn't murder its user.

Glad it all worked out! Kind of disturbing to me that a prebuilt machine would have such issues - I have often suggested that route to people who don't want to go through all the potential hassles associated with putting their own machine together.

Back
Top Bottom