Who will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Dole was a sacrificial lamb as we weren't going to beat Slick Willie anyway. The business cycle was in Willie's favor and Newt had just gotten done self destructing and taking the GOP down with him.

McCain? Well, I don't have an answer for that one. With the Dubya Handicap and a horrible business cycle, you'd normally classify the 2008 candidate as another sacrificial lamb, but it's not like the dems put forward a qualified alternative. Maybe it was just too late to get somebody decent after they realized that the dems were pulling from their JV squad and that the game was worth playing.

It's still very sad how we've managed to let Obama back in the game. It wasn't so long ago that the only debate was how big his landslide loss would be. Now he might even win. Heads should roll at RNC if they couldn't track down better candidates than these.

There is a reason why "better candidates" stayed away. My personal view is that they might have realized that they will not be able to deal with crisis any better then Obama had. And that left the scene for egomaniacs, ideologues and Romney :)

Last edited:
You mean Republican policies of deregulation got us in. More of the same will just make it worse….

I thought it was the $3.4 trillion wasted on these ferkakte wars that got us into this mess.

1030-02.jpg

I think Obama will win. I will vote for Ron Paul if I vote at all.

I will vote for Ron Paul if I vote at all.

I'm a huge fan of his foreign policy and support of civil liberties but then what is his deal with the gold standard and abolishing the Fed? I'm not terribly well informed about the specifics but some of the soundbites I've heard sound alarming.

I'm a huge fan of his foreign policy and support of civil liberties but then what is his deal with the gold standard and abolishing the Fed? I'm not terribly well informed about the specifics but some of the soundbites I've heard sound alarming.

Quite true. He would throw out the basis for proven sound economic policies for the sake of reducing the federal government. Bordering on psychopathic.

Yeah, that and his abortion stance are probably the two things I disagree with him on. The gold standard could have certain merits, but it's not very plausible. Regardless, he could never make much headway through congress with it, so it's not much of a concern to me.

Bordering on psychopathic.

He isn't psychopathic, that's an overdramatization. He is an activist. For guys like him their vision always trump mere reality.

Quite true. He would throw out the basis for proven sound economic policies for the sake of reducing the federal government. Bordering on psychopathic.

I think that might be going a little far. I think the idea of having real value on money, rather than market value, has plenty of advantages. It certainly would foster greater stability in valuation.

The U.S. moved off the Gold Standard as a response to the Depression (as did most other nations). It's not like floating currencies has been a proven economic policy for thousands of years. In fact, I would say the Gold Standard has much more history when it comes to economic feasibility.

That being said, I think almost all of the responses to the Depression have had a negative effect on society, but moving away from the Gold Standard is probably one of the only good things I think that came out of it.

I still say Newt is scary as hell to liberals. So what that he's opinionated? I think it's refreshing, and he's the shot in the arm the Conservatives need, if they're smart enough to let him win.

All my liberal friends aren't scared by Newt but amused. Anyone who can try to tout morale values with his baggage must be a comedian. Also, Freddie Mac paid him $1.6 million to be a historian? That HAS to be comedy, right?

Or his attacks or Romney for being rich? Or declaring himself an outsider who hates elite? Priceless!

I still say Newt is scary as hell to liberals.

What do you think is scary about him exactly?

Most of the Dem commentators appeared to be thrilled with his success in South Carolina. Not only do they seem to think he will be easier to beat than Romney, but the longer this draws out and the more the GOP candidates beat each other up, the easier it becomes for Obama.

If Romney had swept the first few primaries there would have been a clear leader who could have started focusing on Obama instead of attacking rivals.

What do you think is scary about him exactly?

Most of the Dem commentators appeared to be thrilled with his success in South Carolina. Not only do they seem to think he will be easier to beat than Romney, but the longer this draws out and the more the GOP candidates beat each other up, the easier it becomes for Obama.

If Romney had swept the first few primaries there would have been a clear leader who could have started focusing on Obama instead of attacking rivals.

Because Newt Gingrich will destroy Barack in a debate, and I don't think Romney can do that. I'm fine with liberals not taking Newt seriously.

Because Newt Gingrich will destroy Barack in a debate, and I don't think Romney can do that.

Obama is quite a talented debater as well, but I would agree that Gingrich has a better shot at pulling off a debate win than Romney.

On the whole, though Romney seems more electable than Gingrich as he is more centrist and probably more likely to appeal to moderates and independents who might be on the fence.

So JFK and 'Bubba' were model husbands? I didn't think so.

Did JFK denigrate the Republicans for their lack of moral values? I wasn't around then so I don't know. I don't remember Clinton doing so assuming that is who you mean by "Bubba".

Doing something wrong is bad. Doing something wrong and then lecturing others about it is 10 times bad. People don't like sinners but they really hate hypocritical sinners.

BTW, using childish names like "Bubba" harkens back to immature school kids taunting each other on the playground. Grow up.

Romney's biggest problem is lack of genuineness when it comes to relating to real people. His reaction to that supporter who told him about her problems with a lack of a job and not being able to pay her bills shows that ("Here's some pocket change").

Obama and Gingrich may be wealthy but you can at least imagine them doing actual work.

S
Did JFK denigrate the Republicans for their lack of moral values? I wasn't around then so I don't know. I don't remember Clinton doing so assuming that is who you mean by "Bubba".

Doing something wrong is bad. Doing something wrong and then lecturing others about it is 10 times bad. People don't like sinners but they really hate hypocritical sinners.

BTW, using childish names like "Bubba" harkens back to immature school kids taunting each other on the playground. Grow up.

Bubba was impeached for lying to a grand jury (and his wife, but she probably didn't care anyways), in case you need a reminder.

Back
Top Bottom