Witcher 3 - Gone Gold & New Interview

Just go for quadcore intel or hexacore AMD CPU to avoid not meeting min. requirements. If you have it already, you don't need a new one.

It's a quadcore, but I've always kept wondering about how effectively games use cores after the second one, to be honest. Has per-core performance even gone up significantly in the last 5 years? Okay, this is not a hardware discussion thread. :)

But this is the first game where upgrading my hardware actually came up in my mind.

P.S. I'm also always very interested in how the next Elder Scrolls game will turn out and look like. :)

Hoping I can run it with the bare requirements... or maybe just wait for optimizations on patches in the future...

Oh crap. I'm really tempted (finishing The Witcher 2 right now). I still wonder how my 5-year-old PC (high-end back then) will perform with the game at 1360x768 resolution…

Say, games aren't bottlenecked by CPU these days, are they? So a simple graphics card upgrade might do the trick. :D

I looked at the system requirements on Steam and GOG out of curiosity - just a big warning for people with older PCs that the game requires a 64 bit operating system, so if you're using a 32-bit version of Windows you're not going to be able to run it until you upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom