Witcher 3 - The DLC Plan @ Techraptor

I did not like this idea but for different reasons(though I like the reasons mentioned in the article). My reasoning was that this mean the dlc is not going to be very impressive. I am willing to pay for DLC if its good like Dragonborn DLC or Point Lookout. But without getting paid I doubt they would release that kind of thing.

Whatever just give me a mod kit that is worth far more than any DLC anyway.

I definitely don't appreciate 16 small additions coming out so soon after the game is released. I understand it's great for marketing, because people aren't all that smart once they hear something is free - but it's going to be a bit annoying.

That said, I have no doubt the main game will be fantastic if it's anything like it seems, and from the sound of it - these additons are minor. Perhaps a few small extra quests? That means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but it WILL be a bit annoying.

If they really wanted to serve the game, they'd start working on an expansion and release it after a year or so. I'd gladly pay for it - if the game is as good as it seems to be.

That way, you'd know you were playing the complete game - and you could look forward to a proper expansion later on, which would be so different as to represent a fresh take on a great game.

People who're OCD about this could just wait that year - since it's obviously a big deal for them to get absolutely everything before having fun.

@Soulbane: I'm not a replayer. Backlog is way too long and I can't really replay a long and strongly story-driven game like The Witcher 3. It's going to be one shot, the best possible experience (= at least Enhanced Edition) and just one playthrough sticking with whatever choices I may make along the way :) .

I'm in the same camp. I'll be waiting for the EE too.

Since I don't like this kind of over the shoulder twitch combat I will just be watching someone stream the game so I can see the story without all the boring combat.

I won't wait for horse armor, thank you, but will play the game when it's released.

If you really, really can't play without it... I hope you bought Dragon Age 3 deluxe version. I didn't. Nor ever will. Standard edition only.

Since I don't like this kind of over the shoulder twitch combat I will just be watching someone stream the game so I can see the story without all the boring combat.
Each to its own but, since the streamer will be making choices and decisions, you will be seeing somebody else's story.

Streamers are watched to see somebody enjoying or not the product.
It is not about the product.

Streamers are watched to see somebody enjoying or not the product.
It is not about the product.
Not for me, I watched many games through the stream and had no need to buy and play them (most recently Alien: Isolation). I even skip the most popular streamers because they waste too much time talking to viewers and not enough time playing the game.

Normally the more twitch gameplay the game has but an interesting story I will watch it through the stream rather than play it. Also if the game is all story and almost no gameplay (Walking Dead and some others) I will also not bother playing them and will just watch a stream for the story.

I only play games with tactical gameplay of some kind that also have a good story. Or indulge myself in some more action games like Grim Dawn with no story.

Annoying, but I suppose they have to play the marketing game to some extent, and it's pretty inoffensive relative to the shenanigans of other companies. I'd probably want to leave it a few weeks for patching anyway.

I don't do preorders, and as far as I can tell, collectors editions are there to get youtubers squealing and tickling each other with excitement over the privilege of paying double for a cloth map and plastic dwarf.

You're mixing console and iphone release day youtubers with normal gamers.

Quite possibly. And I'm exaggerating too. All I'm really getting at is that I see the purchasers of extortionately priced essentially worthless artifacts as severe victims of the marketing department. But that's just me - good luck them!

Now, if they wanted to charge a few more quid for a nice, thick, old-school manual for a deep RPG - we can do business ;)

Back
Top Bottom