Your Most Anticipated Game(s)

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor
Here's my short list of most eagerly anticipated games (most anticipated on top of course).

1. Wasteland 2

2. Divinity: Original Sin

3. South Park: the Stick of Truth

4. Grim Dawn

5. Torchlight 2

Wasteland 2 and Original Sin will both come with modding tools so that aspiring designers can make their own adventures. If the games turn out to be as good as they can and should be, there is no telling how much mileage us gamers can get out of them. With Fallout being my favorite game of all-time, I'm especially interested in seeing what Brian Fargo and company can do with this game. I am a pretty big fan of Obsidian and South Park and am really looking forward to something that is funny and simple fun as a departure from my normal gaming time (currently playing Planescape: Torment -- South Park would be a nice follow up). I also like some hack and slash fun, and Grim Dawn and Torchlight 2 look like they will fit in just right. I bought a couple copies of Grim Dawn during the Kickstarter to gift one to a buddy when it's released. Dead State and Age of Decadence both look pretty promising to me, but seem like there is still an awful lot to be done before they are truly ready.

So, how about you? What are you looking forward to most and why?

Here is my list

1.Divinity: Original sin
2.Grim dawn
3.Xenonauts
4.Underrail
5.Bioshock infinite
6.Rome 2:total war
7.Eschaloon book 3
8.Dragon comander
9.Wastleland 2
10.Age of decadence

Like most of people I am excited about 2 new Larian games not much need to explain why.I liked Titan quest more than Diablo and Grim dawn is it's spiritual successor without publisher restrains and I hope it will be best aRPG yet.For Xenonauts I belive it will be more true to original Xcom that firaxis new Xcom game that is developed for mass market and consoles.Underrail might be surprising choice for someone but from styg's posts I believe that this will be another indie gem.Ken Levine and his studio are back on new Bioshock so I am expecting another masterpiece(Bioshock 2 was good but as good as first developed by Ken Levine and co.).Also no need to explain why I am excited about new total war game.There are more games on list but this post is already too long:).

I know list is bit long but I can't help it I get overly excited about games sometimes

Probably a bit of the rpg stream:

1) Prototype 2 (pc)
2) Dark souls: prepare to die edition (pc)
3) Hitman absolution
4) Sleeping dogs
5) Far Cry 3
6) Grim Dawn

Oh forgot: and any other game with a giant green man smashing things!

Divinity: Original Sin is the only upcoming game that I already feel like it´s something "I just have to play now".
There are other games I´m interested in (Age of Decadence, Dead State, Dragon Commander or Wasteland 2), but in these cases I sorta don´t care whether these will be released in one year or three, aka I wouldn´t say I´m "genuinely looking forward to" any of´em.

Last edited:
My most anticipated game, is Frayed Knights 2, followed by Eschalon 3.

Sacred 3, Grim Dawn & Torchlight 2 would top the list for me. Sacred series is my favorite action rpg, followed closely, by Titan Quest. I don't know if Sacred 3 will ever see the light of day, but I am hopeful.

Sacred series is my favorite action rpg, followed closely, by Titan Quest. I don't know if Sacred 3 will ever see the light of day, but I am hopeful.

Sacred 3 is not developed by same team as 1 and 2(Ascaron shut down in 2009)so I find hard to be excited about.I think scared series is very underrated (especially S2) and I am sorry that original team isn't making sequel.

Sacred 3 is not developed by same team as 1 and 2(Ascaron shut down in 2009)so I find hard to be excited about.I think scared series is very underrated (especially S2) and I am sorry that original team isn't making sequel.

I totally understand your apprehension, but just because a game sequel is being developed by a different team, it doesn't automatically mean it will suck. I would love to see the original make S3 as well, but i am willing to wait and see what they deliver before writing it off. They may surprise you.

1. X: Rebirth
2. Guild Wars 2
3. Tie between Dishonored and XCom
5. Bioshock Infinite

Wild dream: The re-release of Final Fantasy 7 is just so Square/Enix can remember how PCs work. They will then remake Final Fantasy 6 using Luminous' engine.

Last edited:
I totally understand your apprehension, but just because a game sequel is being developed by a different team, it doesn't automatically mean it will suck.

Agreed,but I didn't even menage to find who is developing(official site just says game is now under licence of publisher Deep silver)so yes I am very skeptical I just have to see it to believe it.

Considering all things, it would probably be more appropriate for the thread to be renamed as:

Your Most Anticipated Games from Your Backlog :)

interestingly enough, there are no games I'm anticipating right now. I'll play Guild Wars 2 when it starts, but not thrilled about it. Now if they announced Europa Universalis 4 I would giggle like a small girl for days.
Oh wait, there is the new Kings Bounty, I'm anticipating that one.

- Divinity : Original Sin
- Dragon Commander

Apart from that I see some sort of decline in gaming interest for me.

Edit : King's Bounty : Warriors Of The North

Last edited:
Don't think I've ever had such a short list in years of gaming but that's OK since I still have metric fucktons of old stuff to play ;) . Anyway, here goes:

Will definitely buy (except there are any unforeseen major issues):
- Dishonored
- CoD Black Ops 2
- Tomb Raider

Might buy (need more info or a demo first):
- Divinity OS
- Bioshock Infinite
- Far Cry 3
- Prototype 2
- Hitman Absolution
- AC 3
- Star Wars 1313
- Sleeping Dogs

Most most anticipated are:

Guild Wars 2
Borderlands 2
Wasteland 2

With honorable "will try" mentions to Torchlight 2 & Divinity 3.

Most anticipated:

Dragon Age 3
Naaah….just kidding :).

Now for real…

1. Cyberpunk (by CD Project RED)
It will be a while until release but ever since its announcement I really want to play this one.

2. Wasteland 2
I pledged $265 so they better not fuck up :).

3. Announcement of Obsidian's next RPG
OK, not necessarily a specific game but nevertheless I am waiting for a looooooong time to know what Obsidian has in store for us in the future.

Runners up:

Dishonored
(Perhaps not a full RPG but has some RPG elements in it). I like the setting, atmosphere and the stealth gameplay. Not an instabuy as I'll check reviews first but I am definitely interested in this one.

South Park: The Stick of Truth
At first I was somewhat disappointed by the "revealed animation series" during its announcement but I have to admit that I liked the trailer and that I am rather intrigued by it. I like Obsidian, after all it is the closest to Black Isle that we have, and I am really interested in seeing what they can do with this one.

Of Orcs and Men
This is more of an underdog but I like the idea behind the game. As of yet, I know actually quite little about the game but I will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Dead State
A game based on an interesting concept. There is supposedly an emphasis on writing, dialogues and human interaction and considering Brian Mitsoda's experience in VTM:B, I have no choice but to definitely check this one out.

Shadowrun Returns
I didn't know about Shadowrun before the Kickstarter campaign but I like the setting. With the amount of funding they received, I am interested in seeing what they can make out of it.

As for non-RPGs, my most anticipated games are the Double Fine Adventure and SpaceVenture.

Last edited:
Hmm there aren't a lot of games coming in the near future. The rest of 2012 looks pretty boring to be honest, the only major release for me is WoW: Mists of Pandaria. BG1: EE and Of Orcs And Humans could both turn out alright, but that's pretty much all I can think of beyond MoP.

I haven't even started thinking about 2013 yet. I used to get excited years in advance when a major game had been announced, but I just can't excited anymore until it's nearing release.

Back
Top Bottom