Your Torrent Downloads

If your ISP cycles your IP address (as most do), then it probably was picking up someone else that had that IP address before.
Same here in Norway (tens of thousands behind it). Our large ISPs cycle each 3-4 week from a random place in Norway. We have the new EU draconian IP logging in effect though, so each IP you talk to (with a timestamp) is logged for up to 6 months.

Well it claimed that I'm "clear", and that isn't true. I downloaded several episodes of tv shows recently, and it didn't pick up on that.

Well, I don't suppose they'll be monitoring every tracker out there... and I'm not really familiar with the technology behind the torrent peer-to-peer network, so I'm not perfectly sure that it can sniff out everything.

Yes, but they can of course always find out by asking the friendly, law-abiding and ethical network administrators that you treated so badly and who have your PC in their IP lease log files. ;)

Everyone loves me around here, so they wouldn't do that ;)

I'm in the clear too apparently but I did a little torrenting as recently as yesterday, so that's a fail.

I downloaded a couple of episodes of babalon 5 based on a recommendation I saw here somewhere. Unfortunately babalon 5 was also a fail.

Pfft, those lame sets and costumes?! Sorry but I was giggling like a schoolgirl and simply couldn't continue.

Lots of people have that very same response to Babylon 5 during the first episodes. It took me a while to accept Londo's hairdo. Once you get past the superficial elements - you start to appreciate the quality of the writing. I definitely recommend sticking with it until Season 2 - at least.

Naturally, not everyone is able to look past the lower production values - but they're missing out on one hell of a story arc.

I still think the very last episode is among the most moving I've seen - ever.

If "badmofo" manages to give it a proper chance, I look forward to confronting him with his original statements once he's done. He'll be all teary-eyed after Sheridan goes for a sunday drive.

Babylon 5 is interesting. The first season is rather boring, but once it hits season 2 the ball really starts rolling and the series becomes great. Season 3 & 4 are also very good, but then comes season 5, which feels like a bit of a mess.

If I remember correctly, season 3 was the most awesomestest of all for me. It's really something once everything starts rolling. And I agree, that final episode was pretty moving. Hard to say anything without spoilers.

But really, the costumes? That's the thing that bugs you most?

If "badmofo" manages to give it a proper chance, I look forward to confronting him with his original statements once he's done.

Why the quotes? Badmofo is actually my name.

And look I'm sorry but my wife says we can't watch any more of it, so that's the end of it.

I only know the V-19 Torrent Starfighter of Star Wars.

Why the quotes? Badmofo is actually my name.

And look I'm sorry but my wife says we can't watch any more of it, so that's the end of it.

It was my way of showing amusement with your name :)

Especially now with the irony of your wife telling you what you can watch ;)

This was hilarious. I'm traveling at the moment, using a rather slow wireless broadband and I check the page only to see whoever had this IP before me has downloaded Yentl, The Muppets and something called a "nickelback".

This was hilarious. I'm traveling at the moment, using a rather slow wireless broadband and I check the page only to see whoever had this IP before me has downloaded Yentl, The Muppets and something called a "nickelback".

Nickelback is a Canadian rock band, and they specialize in very weak mainstream crap.

"Hi. We have no records on you."

swfnsw.gif

The Pirate Queen is too awesome and fabulous and wonderful for them to catch. And pretty. And stylish. And… You know how it goes, I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom