CD Projekt RED - Witcher Series Sales

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
CD Projekt RED announces they have sold over eight million games in the Witcher series in the developers new fiscal report. Not bad I dare say yet still not COD sales.

From time to time the big companies brag about their income and achievements in the specified time interval. Why organize this type of event? Bragging financial results is designed to attract new investors who want to put their money in the development of a specific company, because such meetings are organized primarily for interested investors than for curious players. Two days ago, his presentation was organized CD Projekt - our native company, which is known to every player. The entire conference led Adam Kiciński, which acts as President. What fun it was to learn from this event? The first and the second part of The Witcher has sold 8 million copies worldwide. We remind you that In March this year the studio announced that the number of copies sold was 7,000,000, so from March as many as one million new customers.

The company unfortunately did not share the results of sold copies of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ordered in pre. If we're on the third part of the adventures of Geralt is worth noting that the company has placed great emphasis on the distribution of the game. Currently, CD Projekt has signed agreements with 17 partners, so that the third part of the series will be up in 109 countries. In the first two parts of the distribution of continents such as Europe, Australia, South America and Africa dealt only with one company and their subcontractors, which unfortunately did not present too interesting from the point of view of financial statements. In the case of the third part of this step is to be played a lot better.

As regards the question of money is the end of June the company had 51.2 million zloty in cash, also do not have to worry about any bankruptcy;). CD Projekt in the future want to also focus on creating games for mobile platforms, and has plans to actively develop its platform GOG.com. In addition to the games designed for Linux corporation also wants to promote the sales of movies with no DRM, unfortunately at the moment distributors are not keen on this form of cooperation.
Found on PurePC.

More information.

Overwhelming majority of those sales are due to the frequent W2 75% off and W1 80% off sales. Still a good series though. I'll be pre ordering W3 soon enough.

Yeah, have you got anything to back it up jp?

Maybe the last 1 million they sold since march is discounted but I doubt the other 7 million was. Anyway this is still a good news since within the last 6 months they gained 1 million "new" customers. I guess all those cool looking Witcher 3 videos are the reason for that.

I guess based on all of this Witcher 3 should sell at least 10 million copies within the first 6 months.

I agree with jpnole. It seems very likely that a lot of sales is due to TW1 being sold very cheap since a few years back now. It's also kind of odd to bake the whole series together too, is that really how you count sales now? If Bethesda did that they would have sold what, 100 million copies or something of TES? Pretty lame.

Sales also doesnt always say a lot these days, sometimes you get the game for free when you buy a graphics card or something (not sure if TW has been in such an offer) so that can easily bump up the ""sales"" a lot.

Will they continue to count sales like this when that ipad witcher game is released (which i guess will be next to free)? The "50 million copies sold!" ad will come sooner rather than later i reckon :roll:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom