True Crime Thread

A rather typical lefty stance that denies any personal responsibility for one's actions, I must say.

The state should take care of me. I should get rich people's money. There should be no consequences for my stupid actions. It's not my fault. The man is keeping me down.

Did I miss any?

I absolutely seriously mean that it's OK. If you're stupid enough to provoke the police, you absolutely deserve an attitude adjustment with a nightstick.

No judge in a civilised country will agree to you on this one.

No judge in a civilised country will agree to you on this one.
Perhaps, but very few genuine "attitude adjustments" will ever see a courtroom. It's only truly excessive situations such as the one that started this sub-discussion that will generate a court case. As such, your words are right but your "point" is wrong.

Perhaps, but very few genuine "attitude adjustments" will ever see a courtroom. It's only truly excessive situations such as the one that started this sub-discussion that will generate a court case. As such, your words are right but your "point" is wrong.

My point is that your opinions are uncivilised.

And you advocate unconstitutional behaviour of police officers.

By the way you have provoked me by your posts, can I have your address to deliver an attitude adjustment to you?

Fortunately for me, you aren't an authority figure and as such don't merit the respect due an officer of the law. I'm free to provoke you at will (being ever mindful that there still could be bad consequences for my decision if you happen to be a psychopath with a flair for stalking), just as you are free to provoke me (being every mindful that there still could be bad consequences for your decision if *I* happen to be psychopath with a flair for stalking).

But I strongly encourage you to exercise your convictions--go out and run your mouth to a cop. In your lefty fantasy world, you should be free from consequences. Cmon, give it a shot.

By the way, it's only unconstitutional behavior if the person is innocent. My stance is that, if you go looking for trouble and you manage to find it, you can no longer claim to be innocent.

By the way, it's only unconstitutional behavior if the person is innocent. My stance is that, if you go looking for trouble and you manage to find it, you can no longer claim to be innocent.
You have no clue of even the basics of law, obviously.

So DTE you ignore the first amendment when it runs counter to your authoriphillic tendencies? How convenient…. now, back by popular demand, a quick encore of the dreaded :roll:

Try it, folks. Show me wrong by going out and mouthing off to a cop. You're perfectly within your rights. Cmon! What, are you concerned there might be bad consequences to stupid decisions? Are you concerned that perhaps the practical implementation of the law won't quite match up to the books? If you're so sure, show me the money, guys. Otherwise, you're big talk and empty words.

Been there done that. No repercussions (with a competent cop) as apposed to a sadomasochistic bully with an inferiority complex (sadly the majority nowadays).

So, in other words, you're expecting bad consequences for your actions, but occasionally you get away with it if you happen to draw a cop with the patience of a saint?

Try it, folks. Show me wrong by going out and mouthing off to a cop. You're perfectly within your rights. Cmon! What, are you concerned there might be bad consequences to stupid decisions? Are you concerned that perhaps the practical implementation of the law won't quite match up to the books? If you're so sure, show me the money, guys. Otherwise, you're big talk and empty words.
In Germany I am 99% sure that a police officer would not react with physical violence. They are specially trained to de-escalate in such situations. (The 1 % is for the exceptions, which exist anywhere.)

So in fact the risk is lower if you try this with a police officer than with an average guy.

Of course you can get a high fine if you insult a police officer, so I wouldn't try it for that reason.

I your officers are not adequately trained that is a pity for you.

But I was talking about civilised countries anyway. ;)

Edit:
By the way according to your logic the protesters on Tiananmen Square got what they deserved:

They surely broke some rule (e. g. blocking traffic on the square). So they were not innocent any more and had to accept the consequences.

Can you see the problem? A reaction has to be adequate, that is a basic principle of law.

If you ignore that you end up with the death penalty for jaywalking.

I've had some real heartburn with this whole crosshairs thing anyway. Talk about a manufactured grievance. We were printing shirts with Cindy Crosby in crosshairs last Cup finals and nobody even batted an eyelash. Hell, I seem to remember they hung Troy Aikman in effigy a decade-and-a-bit ago in Philly and nobody even batted an eyelash. Good clean fun there, but somehow Palin's thing got spun into crimes against humanity. I didn't really feel the urge to jump in to Palin's defense at the time (she's just such an idiot), but it's getting a little tiresome having this complete non-event thrust up as some sort of evidence for any argument that passes by, time and again.

Back
Top Bottom