Shadow of Mordor - Everything You Need Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Were getting closer to the release of Shadow of Mordor, and the developers have released a new video about, "Everything You Need to Walk Into Mordor."

Learn everything you need to know to walk into Mordor in our latest video.
More information.

Really looking forward to the release next week. Unfortunately I'll be too busy at work to put any real time into it, hopefully I'll have time on the weekend.

Nice to finally have some use of the Titan card - Ultra requires 6GB VRAM - welcome to next gen! ;) Though i dont think the game looks that good tbh.

The IGN review is kind of.. odd. A 9.3 and still he thinks the campaign was dull / unexceting? Overall the reviewer doesnt sound to be very excited except he thinks the combat is "awesome" because it's like playing the Batman games all over. Welcome to PC reviews in 2014 i guess. A 9+ is now the old 7.5 :)

Gonna give it a shot when it's cheap..

Last edited:
It's basically Batman in Middle Earth. Since I'm not a fan of the Batman games, guess this one is a no-go.

Sounds like a bland repetitive game with pretty graphics and a neat "Nemesis" twist that's never going to be what people think it'll be. What's worse, it's set entirely in Mordor - which has to be the most dreary and dull environment in Middle-Earth.

Still, might be fun for a few hours ;)

Seems like a good purchase in Steam christmas sale. ;)

Sounds like a bland repetitive game with pretty graphics and a neat "Nemesis" twist that's never going to be what people think it'll be. What's worse, it's set entirely in Mordor - which has to be the most dreary and dull environment in Middle-Earth.

I think Dark Souls proved that it's possible to make very dark environments that are still unique and interesting.. Not that i for one second believe it's the case with this particular game, just saying it should be possible, with some talent involved :)

… What's worse, it's set entirely in Mordor - which has to be the most dreary and dull environment in Middle-Earth.

Ahh, then it may be just the game for me. The drearier, the better. I LOTRO, my favourite region so far is Angmar.

pibbur who also thrives best when it's raining heavily outside (and inside - he always turns on rainstorms in the ES games). But who still may wait a while before shelling out money for this particular thing of dread.

Ahh, then it may be just the game for me. The drearier, the better. I LOTRO, my favourite region so far is Angmar.

pibbur who also thrives best when it's raining heavily outside (and inside - he always turns on rainstorms in the ES games). But who still may wait a while before shelling out money for this particular thing of dread.

Even so, you brighten up the areas around you with your good humor ;)

After you've taken a stroll through wonderland AKA Mordor, send me the updated textures - and I'll have a much brighter experience with the game!

I think I heard in a preview for this game that in the time this game takes place, Mordor is not as dark and dreary as we know it yet...

Also, they are apparently not sending out review copies for PC, even if asked. Both Giant Bomb and Total Biscuit mentioned that, and are wary of the PC port.

Wow, you guys b!tch about everything that's not-Pirhana Bytes. :roll::lol:

No. They just balance things up from 9.3 which is exactly the mark expected for "dull campaign". :)
For Piranha Games they do the same, just in opposite direction. :)

So IGN gives this 9.3 because the combat is like the batman games (button mashing), and becasue its easy to make fancy moves and kills (button mashing) .. Hmm.

The game is 12 hours through the main story, and requires 25GB of hard disk space (+6GB for high textures) … Hmm squared!

Well that makes sense as much as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdDJ1_ZUyLs

So IGN gives this 9.3 because the combat is like the batman games (button mashing), and becasue its easy to make fancy moves and kills (button mashing)

It seems its the most important thing in combat for some gamers and reviewers. AC probably started this kind of trend that all that flashy, fancy and over-the-top combat animations (sometimes flashy animated stupidity :) ) are more important than real depth of gameplay based either on player's skill (action system attack/block/roll etc.) or tactics/RPG stats (RTwP, TB etc.).

It seems its the most important thing in combat for some gamers and reviewers. AC probably started this kind of trend that all that flashy, fancy and over-the-top combat animations (sometimes flashy animated stupidity :) ) are more important than real depth of gameplay based either on player's skill (action system attack/block/roll etc.) or tactics/RPG stats (RTwP, TB etc.).

Have you ever played batman ( which mordors combat is based on) it has depth of gameplay, attack, block, roll and counter attack. It's actually an excellent action combat system IMO.

Also turn based combat is just button mashing but you mash the buttons much slower.;)

Back
Top Bottom