Skywind - 0.9.5 Preview Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of the new Skywind mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim have released a new trailer that previews the games latest build of the mod.

The latest developer release has finally hit! Take an inside look at newest content for Skywind version 0.9.5. This version is NOT available for public release, and does NOT mean it is close to a release. This is our largest update yet and we are very happy with the work that has been put in. Progress is being made as usual, but there is much to be done. If you want to support this project, visit https://tesrenewal.com/ for details!
More information.

Great to see that this project is still going on strongly as ever :)

Again I wonder how on earth are those guys going to implement all the npcs and quests. One of the most challenging aspects for them is figuring out how to design morrowind's dialog system. I wonder if Skyrim's user interface can even support something like that..:)

It looks pretty cool. I wonder how much model revision and retexturing they did? Seems to be quite extensive work.

Pooey, I can't view youtube's unless they're embedded on the site. Couch is messing with me ;)

Pooey, I can't view youtube's unless they're embedded on the site. Couch is messing with me ;)

Just thought I'd throw this out here, but if you you can't view videos on Youtube.com itself because of network/admin rules, but the videos work files if embedded on other sites, it may be worth looking at using nsfwyoutube.com, at least until said admin finds out and treats that site the same.

Basically you just add "nsfw" to the front of a youtube URL so..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1H8TVgz5b0

becomes

http://www.NSFWyoutube.com/watch?v=n1H8TVgz5b0

I'm conflicted regarding this project. Like Dez I wonder how they can manage to include the vast amounts of npcs and dialogue. Also I dont know what they can improve upon morrowind+mods. Maybe slightly better combat and graphics. But certainly with drawbacks like less realistic bodies more generic style. Does someone know if they are going to change the balance and content of morrowind or just try to copy vanilla?

It's one of the projects which I would LOVE to see realised but success rate of such mods is abysmal...

Yeah, I used to use that link Watchtower but they got wise :)

I'm conflicted regarding this project. Like Dez I wonder how they can manage to include the vast amounts of npcs and dialogue. Also I dont know what they can improve upon morrowind+mods. Maybe slightly better combat and graphics. But certainly with drawbacks like less realistic bodies more generic style. Does someone know if they are going to change the balance and content of morrowind or just try to copy vanilla?

They can improve a lot. Skyrim's graphics engine is light years ahead of Morrowind. This is Morrowind built using the Skyrim engine modding tools, in case you weren't aware.

They can improve a lot. Skyrim's graphics engine is light years ahead of Morrowind. This is Morrowind built using the Skyrim engine modding tools, in case you weren't aware.
Well, it's more like a Morrowind mod for Skyrim. I don't have high hopes for it if it's anything like the Dragonborn DLC in feel. I'd rather wait for Open Morrowind.

Well, you can have 0.9.5.0.1

Sure, you can also have 0.9.9.9.9.9.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2.

But, as with my original question, why?

If you have 95 cents - you pretty much have a dollar, right?

If you really have 2 cents, then you're using the wrong numbers.

No idea DArt but there is a disclaimer posted under this video: "This version is NOT available for public release, and does NOT mean it is close to a release."

It's mostly psychological: the actual numbers used matter not one whit. They just need to clearly designate major and minor releases of particular code bases.

Sure, you can also have 0.9.9.9.9.9.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.2.

But, as with my original question, why?

If you have 95 cents - you pretty much have a dollar, right?

If you really have 2 cents, then you're using the wrong numbers.

This! These guys have art assets and nothing else. It seems silly to have a 0.9 which would suggest it is 1/10th away from being complete when it is more like 98% from being complete.

Back
Top Bottom