We Knew Her Before She Was Famous!

Badger

Watcher
Hi all

I've been meaning to pop in and say hello for ages, especially since this year I got a PC again (many of you will doubtless remember the fate which befell my last one) and so once again have an outside chance of having something pertinent to contribute now and again. (I just started playing "Witcher" for example.) But that's not why Ive chosen today to break my silence.

In fact it's because I want to shout a loud "well done" and huge "Congratulations" to none other than our very own "Jaz" on the publication of her very first book "Sturmtraume"!

I've seen it and it's a real book and everything! It has a map in the cover and an picture of Jaz at the back (and by the way.. she's a real foxy babe!) and it's.... well..it's in German, which is a bit of a drawback for your Badger, but since I am currently learning to speak German, ( Ich nehme ein Baguette mit Schinken und Tomate bitte.) I very much hope to be able to read it one day! :eek:)

Jaz is one of the very first people who made me welcome in the old forums (pre "watch") those many years ago. I couldn't be more thrilled for her at this fantastic news and I'm sure that everyone here will join me in wishing her ENORMOUS sales and endless success. It does the old heart good to know that in this wicked old world, sometimes good things really do happen to good people!

All the best Jaz

Badger

Hi Badger - welcome back and thank you for the information.

@Jaz
Sturmträume - das hört sich sehr interessant an.

Thank you, Badger, this is so cute of you! :D
Actually, there's a minor character based on you, but you know that, of course!

@HiddenX: Das ist es auch! (aber das muss ich natürlich sagen ;) )

Hey, cool ! :) I'll forward this immediately ! ;)

Is it …? No, it can't be … It is? Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, mushroom, MUSHROOM! :D

And I believe I didn't congratulate Jaz yet, even though I knew about her book for a long time already, so here goes, congrats! :)

Congrats, Jaz! What type of book is it? If fantasy, is there any chance you'll translate it into English if it does well natively? In fact, even if it's not fantasy....

Thank y'all! Have a beer :party:...

Well, yes, it's fantasy. About a girl, forbidden magic, forbidden automata and a war. A translation? Depends on whether some foreign party buys the publication rights...

Can't you do a translation just by yourself ?

Actually I had written the first seventy pages of book No. 2 in English (I wrote that one before No. 1) and later translated them back into German, but at the moment I just don't have the time :(.

Okay, I see.

great to hear it's finally out and fantastic to see Badger resurface after all these years. Haven't seen you on Skype in ages mate. :)

Way Cool. Congratulations Jaz. You go Girl.

Ich gratuliere!

Now, where can I buy the book?

der Pibbur

Last edited:
Congratulations,Jaz!
Unfortunately I can't read German but I'll definitely order it if it's translated in English.
How is it that nobody knew about this?
I second that

Wow, very cool, congratulations! My wife started working on a fantasy novel recently (more for the children / youth market) and so I think I have an idea what an achievement it is to actually finish a book and get it published. Kudos!

Back
Top Bottom