Baldursgate.com

I find it a struggle to play evil. Even if I know there is new content, I just have a hard time making the evil choices. BG1 was a lot easier to play evil than BG2 IIRC.

BG1 was a lot easier to play evil than BG2 IIRC.

In more ways than one. BG2 doesn't even have enough evil npcs to have an all-evil party. It was one of my few complaints about the game. The recruitable companions are more fleshed out than in BG1 but there are too few of them.

I always end up with same/similar combinations in both group too :D

BG1: Minsc, Jaheira, Imoen, Dynaheir, and Khalid. Sometimes though Dynaheir and Khalid dies then I replace them with Adjantis and Brenwen.

I keep quitting this game when I get to Cloakwoods... probably should try new combination of NPCs.

BG2: Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo/Imoen, Keldorn and Anomen. With mod, I tend to replace Minsc and Jeheira with Tsujatha and Kelsey :)

I did try different combination (although not the favourite): Aerie, Valygar, Jan, Haer'dalis and can't remember the last one!

"Hey, Binky..."

The NPCs are so good in BG2 that I feel sad no matter what party I take for whoever I left out. For example, it was really hard for me to play without Jan after playing with Jan. Still, I never liked Anomen or Haerdalis.

I also have my set parties that are difficult to drift away from:
BGI: Kivan, Coran, Yeslick, Xan, Dynaheir. (Sorry Minsc)
BGII: Jaheira, Viconia, Aerie, Imoen, Jan (add Sarevok for someone in TOB)

Y'know, the more I think about this... the more I question it. They really need to release screens. If the characters and environments are still microscopic at a sane modern resolution, then this is a complete waste of time.

Y'know, the more I think about this… the more I question it. They really need to release screens. If the characters and environments are still microscopic at a sane modern resolution, then this is a complete waste of time.

That is my first thought ... That this is like Serious Sam HD - but for BG.

But will they be new microscopic NPCs? I hope they do something about the pathfinding. Ooh, why can't it be out already!

But they say they are adding "new/original content"? To me that sounds like new areas/quest/NPCs.

One of the most important of Tren Oster's tweets:

@Judge__Holden You will be able to play only the old content if you wish. The new content can be ignored

It's becoming increasingly clear that their motto about this project is "don't fuck it up".

I'm hoping it's exactly like Serious Sam HD. Nice visual upgrade without touching the original gameplay.

Ditto that! Hopefully this is successful enough and we'll see HD remakes of classic RPGs become the norm :)

I hope they make your party a bit more interesting. My biggest complains about Baldur's Gate 1 was that your party members had very little in the way of personalities. It would be fun if they talked to each other and you through the game, like they do in Baldur's Gate 2.

Would be nice, but I doubt they do it. The Party Banter mode for BG1 does a pretty good job, imo, of implementing that.

Back
Top Bottom