Underworld Ascendant

Fnord

SasqWatch
I'm surprised that this one has not been posted yet (searched for it but found nothing).

Some of the developers of the original Ultima Underworld and System Shock are currently working on a spiritual successor to Ultima Underworld called Underworld Ascendant. It looks like they are bringing back a lot of the elements that made Ultima Underworld special, but with a more modern look & a better interface.

Link to the kickstarter page

Damn Fnord… where have you been? ;)

Just doing quick visits to the forum every once in a while, too much to do in real life, so I missed this being mentioned. :( I did try to search for it on the kickstarter sub-forum though, and nothing came up, so I guess it had not actually been posted here.

I know how you guys feel. I miss 2 or 3 days a month too :p

I just hope they make it ... promising start but rather mediocre since ... looks like they'll limp over the goal.

I just hope they make it … promising start but rather mediocre since … looks like they'll limp over the goal.
They haven't received much media attention. I think they're hurting for visibility.

Guys like Ken Levine game them a nice quote, but I haven't seen Ken Levine or Irrational Games tweet out a link to the Kickstarter or anything like that, which is a shame.

There are a lot of throwback RPGs these days, but the Looking Glass Studios crew deserves support in particular. I really hope this game gets more visibility to eventually unlock all the stretch goals and more in time.

A recent Kickstarter update has promised a fun reward if they can get past 10,000 backers by Saturday afternoon. They'll add a talking skull who will have quips (including community suggested ones).

I'm hoping people will help spread the word about this project.

Back
Top Bottom