Mass Effect 3 - From Ashes DLC to Cost $ 10 on Day of Release

And you know what, i wouldnt even be worried for other publishers to take note of project ten dollar and it become a trend, because there is no other publisher besides EA that has the audacity to piss on lagit paying customer/fans .

And you know what, i would even be worried about other publishers to follow EA very aggresive marketing scame called project 10 dollar give me a break. There is no other publisher out there that has the audacity like EA to piss on or canabalize there own costomer/fans like they do. I am not playing ME3 or any other game owned by EA , simple as that . Uninstalling Origin NOW. Sorry for the ranting guys truly am. I hate EA and its pefect example of why America is in the state it is in.

And you know what, i would even be worried about other publishers to follow EA very aggresive marketing scame called project 10 dollar give me a break. There is no other publisher out there that has the audacity like EA to piss on or canabalize there own costomer/fans like they do. I am not playing ME3 or any other game owned by EA , simple as that . Uninstalling Origin NOW. Sorry for the ranting guys truly am. I hate EA and its pefect example of why America is in the state it is in.

Can't blame you with EA's dlc policy and and forced mp on every game. I dare someone to say Bioware is innocent in all this also.

Watch this video here.-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&feature=youtu.be

TotalBiscuit talks at length of what Bioware's launch DLC and how it has crossed the line of what is acceptable.

His complaint is that it is an absurd and unethical violation of consumer rights to coerce players to purchase the From Ashes squadmate and mission through their obvious story importance.

Before you post a knee-jerk reaction, let me just suggest that you take the time to listen to what he has to say. There are obvious defenses that some will try to make on BioWare's behalf, but these individuals should take note of the distinctions between what is happening here and superficially similar DLC that we have seen in the past and which TB supports.

He carefully differentiates ME3's day one DLC from the kind of protection against second-hand sales losses that the Cerberus Network content represented because From Ashes is not provided freely to customers who pay for a brand new game. He also outlines the reasons why we can be certain that this content was completed along with the rest of the game and deliberately separated for sale.

There is no other publisher out there that has the audacity like EA to piss on or canabalize there own costomer/fans like they do.

I can tell you don't follow any of the franchises owned by Activision/Blizzard.

I can tell you don't follow any of the franchises owned by Activision/Blizzard.

Once The starcart 2 saga is done I'm through with blizzard. They focus to much on social game play nowadays. Not the same company from years ago.

As for Activision and the rest of there games who cares I never worry about there dlc as it's just item and map packs for mp.

I can't speak for rich ruffo but that's just me.

Thanks for that breakdown Couch. Per Dart, this is TRULY consumer exploitation at its worse. I know that new car dealerships charge you outrageously overpriced prices for extra options, but this takes the cake. Someone should coordinate a formal EA/Bioware boycott.

Yeah cancelled my pre-order. I'm sure I'll play it eventually, but looking at the number of parcelled out weapons and content I'd be missing I think I'll wait till it's on GOG in a complete form. I'm guessing that'll be in about a decade and only if EA goes under by then - so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a big accounting scandal or something.

I'd be interested to see piracy statistics a few months after release. I have a feeling that beyond whatever marginal revenue boost results from this DLC+bonus item strategy (cross-promotion bonus items for merchandise and other games) the big headlines after launch are going to be the massive PC piracy rates. Maybe they were banking on SOPA/PIPA being passed before this launch?

The more I read about this issue it appears ME3 was in fact finished last year for its last release date. Remember that EA excuse that forced them to add mp. Well apparently they made Bioware make the dlc just to release as day 1 content also.

bCgR4.png

And I think I will throw in this funny pic since its related-

c3a3ef5b_dlc-mona-lisa-1.jpeg

Who cares if they did or not? It's BioWare/EA's game. They get to charge what they want, when they want. We aren't entitled to it whether they finished it today or last year. If an extra companion is worth $10 to you then pay for it. If not, don't buy it and don't play it. Welcome to the free market.

this

however, consider the bad PR the company gets out of it and the free market can turn on the bad marketing.

but its not a purchase for me anyway, so I'm glad to to see Bio get bad press over this. I truly enjoy the spin on how Bio seems to think this is a great thing! I swear they are completely delusional in that company these days.

this

however, consider the bad PR the company gets out of it and the free market can turn on the bad marketing.

but its not a purchase for me anyway, so I'm glad to to see Bio get bad press over this. I truly enjoy the spin on how Bio seems to think this is a great thing! I swear they are completely delusional in that company these days.

I said it before in another post two steps forward and one step back every game they release. There like a star trying to keep on top but there light is fading.

Thanks for posting a pic of Gamble's response Potato.

Ignoring the whole Bioware and DLC discussion for a second, did you guys read this part:

The Collectors edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find now(many players prefer not to purchase the digital version)

So people still like boxed versions, eh? Whodathunkit…

Thanks for posting a pic of Gamble's response Potato.

Ignoring the whole Bioware and DLC discussion for a second, did you guys read this part:

So people still like boxed versions, eh? Whodathunkit…

No problem. I know I do since its faster than downloading a game that's 12-20 gb in two days. That averaging at 1-1.5 mb a sec on Comcast.

Another good reason not to buy (or play, as i don't pirate games) this game, not that i needed another. I had no plans to, anyway. I haven't bought a Bioware game since DA:Origins, which I found to be a disappointing and weak RPG.

In Origins, I was annoyed by having to buy one DLC just to have a chest to store extra loot. And that was also mystifyingly weak. They had you clear this house of baddies, then once you did, you couldn't even go back inside and pretend it was now your house. They already had the map; I just cleared the damn thing. But they sealed it off for some mysterious reason and just plopped the party vault, a single chest, outside the front door. Nice work, nimrods. :p

Thanks for that list of merchandise, Couch Spud. Gave me a little laugh.

Last edited:
Uninstalled my Origins today.I enjoyed Mass 1 and 2 and will miss 3. Ea just helped push alot of gamers to the free version of the game. Boiwares justification is insane and based on lies.

I was just about to post a newsbit on the new development in the case, but since Couchpotata has made a screenshot of Mike Gamble's post in this threadd (which he created ad well) I'll just post a quote from his new post here:

That said, i can tell you is that a team of of us poured our heart into this DLC after we had given all we could to finish the the ME3 game. We pushed hard because we wanted people to be able to experience this adventure on the first day, rather than day 30 or 60. We're proud of it, and if you choose to play it, I think you'll see that.
I really do appreciate every person who wants to give ME3 a chance (even if you're not happy with me right now!), and even without 'From Ashes' - I think you will be blown away.

Thanks for your support, and thanks for your feedback.
Mike

Reading between the lines, it seems to me that Bioware themselves (with no pressure from EA) decided to make the Prothean DLC available to customers on the March 2012release date, using their time very well. The team needed something to do in the 3-4 months it took to the co-op multiplayer (which is, in truth, a 4 player LAN-party played over the internet) and then it decided to make the Prothean DLC From Ashes so that it was ready to go for the March 2012 release date for the game.

Much has been said about the $ 10 price for this From Ashes DLC, but if you enlarge the screenshot in potato's post you'll see that you get:

- “From Ashes” includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

As I see it, I thought Bioware wanted to encourage to buy their games early enticing them with free dlc for anyone who bought the game new. For me, I probably won't get the game, untill much later, although my 8½ machine could play the demo, something was off in the combat (or maybe it was just my terrible hand-eye co-ordination skills?) so I doubt I could play the full game....

Already per-ordered the digital deluxe edition, so I'll get this for free, though I didn't even know about the DLC at the time. I don't mind day 1 patches and DLCs, but I do feel they should be included in the regular edition. Special editions should simply contain extra stuff that's not actually in-game in my opinion.

Already per-ordered the digital deluxe edition, so I'll get this for free, though I didn't even know about the DLC at the time.

You did know about it (well unless you never read what came with the edition), it's the exclusive Squadmate. In fact, if you were fast enough when they announced the pre-order, you would also know what species that squadmate was going to be, because the original order page listed it.

I have this weird feeling that every time someone criticizes the current DLC model 10 more people purchase the DLCs. (With all the criticizing visible on the internet, it seems that somehow there are huge "silent masses" who buy DLCs, keep their mouth shut and are happy with them.)

So I have decided to stop making such posts.

Oh wai

DLC are "hip" today. There's SO many people in gaming forums who like buying DLCs.

I think this has rather something to do with the population of the Watch. ;)

Back
Top Bottom