Dragon Age: Inquisition - Has Gone Gold

If the game is already gold more than two weeks before release, they will probably release a big day-1 patch, so it will very likely play without any game stopper bug.
Well almost every game nowadays has a huge day one patch. I just hope there isn't any game stopping bugs as they had an extra year of development time already.

Sigh... I have a bad feeling about it. Sorry. I dunno why. Let's hope I am wrong.

I have a very good feeling about it actually. Surprisingly good. At this point I'm quite certain that I'll enjoy it a lot.

Quite a few bigshot games coming out within a week of each other - and DA:I shares its date with GTAV for consoles.

Makes for an interesting time to be a gamer :)

I think this game looks pretty good, but I fear I won't be able to deal with the writing. I struggled with DA2 writing, because it was really, really awful - and ME3 as well.

Now, I'm not necessarily a guy who needs good writing, but if it's truly awful - it becomes a major distraction for me. Especially when it comes to NPC dialogue - as I'm very much about characters being plausible.

In that same way, I couldn't enjoy anything about Avatar - even though it obviously had some qualities. The writing was that bad.

Now, I'm not necessarily a guy who needs good writing, but if it's truly awful - it becomes a major distraction for me. Especially when it comes to NPC dialogue - as I'm very much about characters being plausible.
One can only hope that they had the janitor write those preview ad phrases.

One can only hope that they had the janitor write those preview ad phrases.

One would wish that to be the case, but it seemed too similar to DA2 and ME3 to my ears.

Maybe it's time they fired that janitor or told him/her to focus on cleaning floors.

I wouldn't mind if they cut down on drama level as well... ME3 was so absurdly dramatic, I didn't enjoy it. You should be able to make players feel for the game, characters etc without being overly dramatic, otherwise it just feels so forced and I got so tired of music and cut scenes etc.

I was one of the few people that didn't think Dragon Age 2 was complete drek (not calling 10/10 and DA:O was vastly better) but only the map reuse and final act really annoyed me. EA has burnt me quite a bit recently with quality and other crap so I'm having difficulty justifying a US$60 purchase even with a discount.

I do suspect this will be better than DA2 and I will probably like it but I've got a queue a mile long (200 games :anxious:) so I think this one is going to have to wait for a steam sale equivalent. Of course if it really does get reviews on par with DA:O, I'll probably reevaluate before then.

Have you seen the metacritic page for DA2, I think it clearly indicates that something went wrong with the review process, either reviewers only played a small portion of the game or they were bought off, plain and simple. For me I did actually enjoy DA2 a bit as well (maybe a 6 out of 10) and I am really looking forward to DA:I and I am keenly awaiting the reviews that should be out soon. Reviewers got the game yesterday I believe so it probably pays to very cautious with any reviews that come out in the next week or so as only hard core gamers could realistically give it a good play-through in that time (which most reviewers are sadly not, although they like to think they are)

Back
Top Bottom