Dragon Age 2 - 10 Things You Should Know

That is the major disconnect it seems… You do not understand our complaints and we are seemingly incapable of voicing them in a manner you can understand or at least accept.

I am only arguing with people who act like the game is completely different and a hack n' slash game. I think that is false and disingenuous. I would not argue it is not simplified somewhat, because it is.

Why must all cRPGs from AAA devs be aRPGs? Is there really no market left for an isometric, tactical, turnbased RPG(*EDIT*I'm not implying DA:O was turnbased or all that tactical)?

You know the reason... action games sell better. It's not a mystery.

11 - There´s actually no auto-attack option on consoles. lol

To me, both the combat in DA:O and DA2 was and is hack and slash. However, the quest structure, the story, the way the stories are told, are clearly indicative of an rpg.
This means that those who want to just slay - not not dragons - but darkspawn - will be able to this, while others (like me) can engulf and immerse themselves in the rpg aspects of the game.

What I am really more interested in at this point is how choices and consequences in the game play out. With the origins gone, a lot of my interest would hinge on how well you can shape your story and your character (beyond ultimately superficial b/w paragon/renegade choices).

Back
Top Bottom