Technomancer - More Infomation @ GameWatcher

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GameWatcher released more information on Spiders recently announced RPG game Technomancer that we posted about a few days back on the site.

You play as a rookie technomancer tasked with finding and securing artifacts and technology from lost Earth. Details on the main story were scarce, but a big part of it seems to involve dealing with the revelation that the technomancers' strange magical abilities are powered by mutation - mutants aren't popular on Mars to say the least, and enemy factions who discover your secret will be rubbing their hands in glee.

Quests are now more complex, branching affairs. There are six factions in the game (the junk-collecting, trade focused Americans and the underhanded, sneaky Thieves were mentioned at the event) and depending on how you choose to approach a mission you might earn favour with one at the expense of another.

Combined with new 'charisma' options for talking your way out of tricky situations, and a day/night cycle that puts time limits on certain missions (deserters you fail to capture in time may pop up later on to cause you trouble, for example), Spiders hope to avoid "go here and kill this" repetition. The game will also feature five different companions, who can leave the party if you antagonise them too much.

The skill tree has been broadened, with four distinct paths allowing you to focus on stealth kills, tank combat with a shield, a two-handed staff, and your strange Technomancer powers. You can switch between these combat styles during combat. Various skills can also be leveled up, allowing you to be more convincing out of combat, or heal more damage with medicine and first aid.

Spiders says they want to create a more open, reactive world this time around. Environments are bigger and filled with more detail, and there are lots more enemy types to hunt down.
More information.

new 'charisma' options for talking your way out of tricky situations, and a day/night cycle
Nice! :)

The game will also feature five different companions
Not enough for my taste.
And I hope you can take more than one with you at a time.

a more open, reactive world this time around. Environments are bigger and filled with more detail
Looks like they're going in the right direction. :)

not sure . the devil is in the details. I am not won by these promotional design decisions. its how they implement that matters

Sounds pretty good, but Im still missing some survival element(s). That Mars setting is perfect for that. It could enhance gameplay and bring new fresh skills/skill tree to the game. Upgrade from 3 fighting skill trees to 4 is far from original and exciting.

The good news is I was able to ask more questions of Jehanne Rousseau of Spiders about Technomancer since it was announced after our first interview this week.

And no I did not ask her about survival elements.:)

The good news is I was able to ask more questions of Jehanne Rousseau of Spiders about Technomancer

YES! :wideeyed:

And no I did not ask her about survival elements.:)

Noooooo….. :wall: ;)

Ok. There was already one of my questions about survival+open areas in Mars 2. I think its enough. Well, I hope you didnt dismiss it. :)

day/night cycle that puts time limits on certain missions
This is exactly the reason I was happy with kicking time cycles out of D:OS.
I hate this design. Time management games should go on phones, not on PC.

This is exactly the reason I was happy with kicking time cycles out of D:OS.
I hate this design. Time management games should go on phones, not on PC.
You're right, I hate this too. And I read over it in the first place...

Back
Top Bottom