Shadowrun Returns - Kickstarter Campaign

Shadowrun was the only real Cyberpunk RPG that had any success (until d20 modern).

I just wished they didn't add magic and made it pure Sci-Fi. I would have been far more interested in it back in the day.

Already exists.. Cyberpunk 2020 for all your non-magic cyberpunk gaming. Taking magic out of SR totally screws with the lore and theme of the game.

I just wished they didn't add magic and made it pure Sci-Fi. I would have been far more interested in it back in the day.

I kind of felt the same at the time, but there was a lot of flexibility in the core books to run the occasional hard sf campaign.

We had some fun with the fantasy races as well.

I was so happy to see this, these last few months have been like the "kickstart" of a new Renascence of games I want to play. I have been a huge Shadowrun fan since inception, though I never played it on the Super Nintendo and the PC version a few years ago was just a name slapped on a poor FPS. So glad to see this is going to happen.

They already met there goal and are expanding there goals now-

The power of Kickstarter is highlighted once again with the funding of Harebrained Schemes' turn-based RPG Shadowrun Returns in just 28 hours, and that's called for a second update from the team that amounts to more-or-less a hearty thank you to the fans. It also hints at their plans for funding milestones beyond the original $425,000, and with 23 days left to go, they'll likely plow through a few of those as well:

Wow, that was incredible.

From the bottom of our hearts, we'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone who has backed us so far. If we weren't working our butts off on our new game, we'd be dancing around the Closet (our tiny office) with tears of joy streaming down our faces. Instead, the team is heads-down at their computers, sniffling loudly and wiping their eyes with their shirt-sleeves.

To everyone asking about a Mac version of the game, we've been saying that if we hit the $425,000 level, we'd add it. Linux support is definitely on the table too! (After all, who'd be a better Decker?)

In Jordan's video update below, he talks about things we could add to the game if we hit higher funding milestones. We're working on clarifying those milestones and will have an update for you before the weekend (in Seattle).

Let's keep this going! Do the Social Media Dance of Love:

• Share the link to our Kickstarter page via Facebook, Google +, Twitter, Westeros Raven, whatever.
• Like the Harebrained Schemes Facebook page and start talking.
• Tweet and RT your love. Use #shadowrunreturns so we can all participate.

I like how this came out of nowhere and got funded before I was able to even get excited about it. :)

RPG gaming hasn't felt this exciting since... I don't know. Probably around the time of the infinity games & original fallouts.

Hopefully all of these Kickstarter projects will turn into great games. It would be a disaster if they crashed and burned.

Already exists.. Cyberpunk 2020 for all your non-magic cyberpunk gaming. Taking magic out of SR totally screws with the lore and theme of the game.

It doesn't look like magic will be out in the Kickstarter from the logos alone.

The lore of a cyberpunk game IMO, should something akin to a William Gibson universe. Basically a realistic, near future distopic technocracy.

It doesn't look like magic will be out in the Kickstarter from the logos alone.

The lore of a cyberpunk game IMO, should something akin to a William Gibson universe. Basically a realistic, near future distopic technocracy.

I think he meant the real Cyberpunk PnP that was there before Shadowrun. I played both and really could say that the magic stuff in Shadowrun gave it a lot more layers of complexity than Cyberpunk had.

A lot of what Gibson describes is actually Technomancy. A guy ("Flatline") continuing his life as a program in a mobile computer deck? This has nothing to do with Sci-Fi. It is fantasy.

This has nothing to do with Sci-Fi. It is fantasy.

I dont think you get the "fiction" part in sci-fi.

And yeah, the term cyberpunk is quite misused, i read somwhere that cyberpunk is "hi-tech and low-lives", and that's how i see cyberpunk too.. Deus Ex for example isnt gritty enough and the main character isnt a drug using low-life, personally i wouldnt really call it cyberpunk, it has CP influences though.

Back
Top Bottom