Worlds of Magic - Release Date Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Wastelands Interactive announced the official release date for Worlds of Magic.

Worlds of Magic gets a release date!

The time has finally come to share with the world the release date of Worlds of Magic. The 4X turn-based strategy game, being the spiritual successor of a classic Master of Magic, will be released on March 19th this year on PC, Mac and Linux. To celebrate the announcement Wastelands Interactive has just launched a Steam promotion for the Early Access version of the game. You can buy it 25% off and in addition get a beautiful, 80 pages artbook for free!

The artbook can be downloaded directly from here:
http://wastelands-interactive.com/WorldsOfMagic/Worlds_of_Magic_Artbook.pdf
More information.

Add one more game to my list of games to play in tho following months. Also I highly recommend this game if you were a fan of Masters of Magic in the past.

I have it on Steam and have been following it for most updates, and I think it's still got quite a way to go if it's going to be polished and appealing at release. The combat system is especially barebones and rather boring. I'm hoping they have something special up their sleeve - or I'd wait ~6 months or so before delving into it. But, other than that, I really do like what I see - and it's probably the game closest to Master of Magic so far.

Last edited:
I watched some videos and to me overland maps looks least interesting. Somehow it is all too packed with stuff and strange.
Or maybe after playing Endless Legend I have a real problem to look at something that is even uglier than Fallen Enchantress graphics.

I'll play it when people here say it is the time to do so. Whether that is on release or a bit further down the road. Looks promising.

I watched some videos and to me overland maps looks least interesting. Somehow it is all too packed with stuff and strange.

I've been playing it, and yes, the overland (to me) looks too cluttered and hard to distinguish things.

These games only get really good after six months of post-release patches, don't buy it until the end of the year.

These games only get really good after six months of post-release patches, don't buy it until the end of the year.

So true, I will definitely take your advice guys and wait till you give the thumbs up on this one before I buy it. Endless Legend has me busy now and Sorcerer King is coming soon so I can hold out for awhile I think.

Back
Top Bottom