Festival of Magic - Video Preview @ IndieRPGs

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Looks as if it might be quite fun and the devs seem to know what they are doing; the UI already looks quite professional etc. However, the Kickstarter looks to be doomed, probably largely because, Like Guido's Deathfire, it's not a US project.

I rather question the wisdom of producing games with juvenile heroes for a kickstarter audience who probably average early 30s or something; doesn't that somewhat limit your audience to those who played this sort of thing on consoles when they were younger? Certainly some of the characters aren't all that appealing to me, but I've never really got the JRPG art style, that sort of hints at paedophilia to me.

The funding is interesting, as it turns out that the $250 asked on KS is only a fraction of what they need (over $2m). It's sort of surprising to spend $1m of your own money on a game, when you have no idea where the other $1m is going to come from.

Got another e-mail update and I know we all did, but many won't bother reading the e-mail… :evilgrin:

It was sent to all backers of the first project. And all of us are backers.

The KS project reboot starts tomorrow. Here's the preview and you, as a backer, can write in comments there a suggestion what to remove, add or rework.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171497873/1463728532?token=fe147adc

Comments in this thread won't help, so make sure you write your thoughts on the preview site!

If for some reason you're not a backer of the first project that got cancelled… Um, nah… I don't think it's possible on this site. ;)

Will I pledge or not, I'll say when and if couch makes a news about the project tomorrow. Like you don't already know that I am. :D

Back
Top Bottom