Two Worlds II - Southpeak cancels retail PC release for NA?

For me they`re of JoWood quality. Same goes for TopWare…originally trailblazing company that brought cheap & good games to Eastern Europe, flopped in 2001 and was later "resurrected". Recent claim to fame : infamous catch-all, letter-sending threatening with lawsuits for (alleged) pirating of some pinball game.

I wish Two Worlds devs all the best, but they`re really not in a good hands here.

Also: It`s all Chinese` fault !!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1

I don't know if I should laugh or cry cause it seems the PC version has been cursed. Pushed backed due to crowed holidays then delayed more and finally the whole shipment was destroyed in transit. As I said before I'm glad I imported the royal edition last year.

Just one final post it amazes me how there is no comment from the developers or publishers. The places that took pre-orders had to call or email you instead. I guess the company's involved don't care about there customers.

I'm going to give them 5 business days before I make any judgement. I have a feeling this is a collosal disaster for them and they are probably in damage control. I have a good feeling we'll get some kind of press release from them on Monday.

Annnnnnnd my Royal Edition was delayed in shipping and will now arrive Tuesday. Dammit.

I think the company should make an official announcement if this is true.

If it turns out to be through Steam only , then I am going to wait.

It's on just about every download service out there (except Impulse it seems) as well as Steam- it's been on Gamersgate for ages, since October (?) and was recently added to D2D as well. If you don't like Steam but don't mind download otherwise you can buy it elsewhere.

no one is giving a source for these rumours of a Chinese Shipping accident but others are claiming to receive copies of the game, just not from Gamestop.

So…I did a little google news searching to see what I could find. VG24/7 is quoting Aubrey Norris tweets:

We can’t restock them fast enough,” she tweeted. “I’m getting the rundown of all the retailers that sold out of their initial orders. We’re printing more copies asap… wish retail would have ordered more to begin with so we wouldn’t be out of stock, but [it's] not a bad problem to have

http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/01/southpeak-reports-us-retail-stock-in-two-worlds-ii-running-low/

there is a link there to her twitter source but I'm not a twit so I don't understand how to find this quote in the archive.

Nothing said whether the problem is limited to the PC, but it would make sense to not print enough copies for the platform to meet expectations.

Since she's the PR rep I think its safe to say its the semi-official answer from Southpeak as I can't find an official press release.

more from ripten (Feb 1st) saying that retailers have sold out 50% of their XBox 360 supply and Best Buy and Gamestop are sold out in many stores.

Seriously - I'm getting the rundown of all the retailers that sold out of their inital orders. D: we're printing more copies asap!!!

Considering their claims of 1.5 million units sold I would think this is believable.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/02/01/tw...ss-the-us-as-south-peak-races-to-meet-demand/

no one is giving a source for these rumours of a Chinese Shipping accident but others are claiming to receive copies of the game, just not from Gamestop.

So…I did a little google news searching to see what I could find. VG24/7 is quoting Aubrey Norris tweets:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/01/southpeak-reports-us-retail-stock-in-two-worlds-ii-running-low/

there is a link there to her twitter source but I'm not a twit so I don't understand how to find this quote in the archive.

Nothing said whether the problem is limited to the PC, but it would make sense to not print enough copies for the platform to meet expectations.

Since she's the PR rep I think its safe to say its the semi-official answer from Southpeak as I can't find an official press release.

more from ripten (Feb 1st) saying that retailers have sold out 50% of their XBox 360 supply and Best Buy and Gamestop are sold out in many stores.

Considering their claims of 1.5 million units sold I would think this is believable.

http://www.ripten.com/2011/02/01/tw...ss-the-us-as-south-peak-races-to-meet-demand/

Yes but the games that sold out were the console versions. The pc units never arrived in a majority of sellers. I'm sure if you live in the UK you will get a retail copy but southpeak looks like they gave up and made it a pc digital release only.

North American retail is getting more and more scarce for the PC in general. Ubisoft is not releasing disc versions anymore, Capcom did not release a disc version of Lost Planet 2, now Two Worlds 2... pretty much every point and click adventure game is download only now in the US, while the UK still gets boxed versions.

I have started importing games with no boxed release from the UK through either game.co.uk or zavvi... gogamer also carries imports sometimes and ships from the US.

It's a hard time to be a box collector!

yeah, it probably is specific to the XBox version. I was assuming it was across the board.

It makes sense though that if they underestimated demand in one platform they would in another. When they turn around to meet that demand they'd put all their eggs into the platform that sells best.

For Gamespot to cancel sales outright instead of delaying it is not a good sign. Why would a company deny themselves revenue?

North American retail is getting more and more scarce for the PC in general.

Could be a result of companies concentrating more and more on consoles … And the source of this is … well, I don't know. Among many other factors there's often said to be the "less piracy" argument, also …

It's a hard time to be a box collector!

Become a console games box collector ! ;)

Become a console games box collector ! ;)

As the other poster stated before. Im getting to old to learn new habits. I love Pc gaming and I will fight tooth and nail to keep it alive.

Me, I don't even have a console yet ! ;) :lol:

Last edited:
Consoles existed long before "PC gaming". And then co-existed during the Golden Era. No problems, there.

I think you`re fighting the wrong enemy.

Am I the only system I remember is the original Atari 2600 system and its knockoffs along with the old IBM and Apple computers. There not co-existing now due to large publishers and console developers pushing and paying large sums to ruin pc gaming. Lots not forget the arcades also were a factor though no one plays at arcades like in the past.It was fun at the time but not now. Also the PC gaming alliance is supposed to help the pc gaming community but there a joke.

Last edited:
Am I the only system I remember is the original Atari 2600 system and its knockoffs along with the old IBM and Apple computers. There not co-existing now due to large publishers and console developers pushing and paying large sums to ruin pc gaming. Lots not forget the arcades also were a factor though no one plays at arcades like in the past.It was fun at the time but not now. Also the PC gaming alliance is supposed to help[ the pc gaming community but there a joke.

If you're only talking about "mainstream" gaming, then yes. There were games being played on computers before the first console systems.

First console - Magnavox in 1972. PC gaming = PC stands for Personal Computer, let`s leave the mainframes alone, ok? 80`s era, I mean.

It`s irrelevant anyway. I think it`s obvious what I meant - consoles in itself were not a threat to Pc gaming before, and it is completely unnecessary that they`re now. The only reason it is so: politics of publishers and corporations that rule gaming. Which is where you should direct your anger/fight/etc…

"PC" is a term used by the majority nowadays when talking about computers in general. If you want to get technical, then yes, the actual term "PCs" wasn't coined until the late 70s, but I'm pretty sure you knew what I saying, and no, video games did not begin with consoles.

Back
Top Bottom