Games Com 2012

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

anyone going there ?

I've got a ticket for Thursday now. (Because it will be the most quiet day, I suppose.)

Alrik

I'm not going this year.

There is a rumor EA will reveal a completely new project (RPG) on Gamescom, not some sequel or prequel…
Alrik, please check if it's true!
I really hope for something else than BF3 and MIG-21 charade.

And I wish I lived in the land of beer… :(

I'm hoping we finally get news on X: Rebirth.

And I wish I lived in the land of beer… :(

"Land Of Beer" is Bavaria, not North-Rhine-Westfalia. ;)

(Kind of a joke. ;) )

I'll keep my eyes open, anyway.

"Land Of Beer" is Bavaria, not North-Rhine-Westfalia. ;)

(Kind of a joke. ;) )

I'll keep my eyes open, anyway.

I went to Bavaria (Munich) some 10 years ago. Loved the place! (and yes, it was very different from the other german cities I visited). Went to a 'biergarten' (or however that's spelled), awesome! It's like Oktoberfest all year long!

Yes, the Biergarten (beer garden) is a Bavarian invention. ;)

The English-language Wikipedia article was a mess so I had to at least clean up the grammar a bit. ;)

Hello,

anyone going there ?

I've got a ticket for Thursday now. (Because it will be the most quiet day, I suppose.)

Alrik

I'm also going Thursday for the same reason. I already have the ticket. I might go on another day too if I haven't had my fill but I first have to get through the first day.

I do plan on having a Kölsch on the way back home.

I'm suddenly very interested in that event, only because Paradox said they would announce their next game there. To me it's either Rome 2 which wouldn't be bad at all, or a game about the Dark Ages (what I'm really hoping for).

I'm suddenly very interested in that event, only because Paradox said they would announce their next game there. To me it's either Rome 2 which wouldn't be bad at all, or a game about the Dark Ages (what I'm really hoping for).

It's probably the new Napoleon game but I wouldn't mind Rome 2 on there new engine.

It's probably the new Napoleon game but I wouldn't mind Rome 2 on there new engine.

Oh they announced it before the event. None of the 2 options I thought, it's actually Europa Universalis 4. Now probably more than a year of waiting to see if it improves over EU3, the best game ever in this Universe and probably the whole multiverse

Seems that EA and Sony have a press conferrence today already although GC officially starts in two days.
I hoped for some details on Ubisoft's Watch Dogs as it smells as a possible RPG similar to Deus EX, seems that game won't be shown on GamesCom. :( Yes, I do hate uPlay DRM, but still.
Anyhow there will be so many things for an eye feast. Alrik, I envy you.

Seems that EA and Sony have a press conferrence today already although GC officially starts in two days.
I hoped for some details on Ubisoft's Watch Dogs as it smells as a possible RPG similar to Deus EX, seems that game won't be shown on GamesCom. :( Yes, I do hate uPlay DRM, but still.
Anyhow there will be so many things for an eye feast. Alrik, I envy you.

I just crack the uPlay DRM out. I also can't wait for more info from Alrik also.:)

You don't need to crack it, just change the default mode to offline in settings. But the problem is that in some games you lose "benefits" if playing offline.
Dynasty weapons and conflux in HoMM for example are not available if playing without uPlay. Dunno if achievements needed for unlocking stuff can be gathered during playing offline.
And according to some texts I've read, most of ANNO 2070 missions are not possible to "win" without features available only if you're playing with uplay online. Dunno for sure, never tried that.

It's not Blizzard who invented the 24/7 online needed for singleplayer games. Oh did I mention that cloud sync (online savegames) is bugged in uPlay and sometimes you lose those saves if you don't turn that off (default is on)? I despise Ubisoft.

For people who want to know which games are currently "listed" to show up at Gamescom 2012, you can check the official list here. There's a warning in German at the top that mean "subject to change".

Dragon Age 3 is about to be revealed if the list is true and doesn't change.

Dragon Age 3 is about to be revealed if the list is true and doesn't change.

According to Eurogamer, the organizers of Gamescom said that listing DA3 (and HL3) was an error, but they wouldn't say why the games were added to the list.

I'm more worried about the recent news that the uPlay client might be a serious security hole. Anyone have info on that?

Regarding Gamescom 2012, I've heard rumors that GTA 5 might be there, so here's hoping. :D

This went into offtopic… So after this post I will not return to it.
The security hole got fixed in the new uplay version and can't be abused any more. It was never actually about uplay, but about uplay browser add-ons, so if you don't trust it no matter what they say, just disable uplay add-ons in your web browser. Better safe than sorry. I have them disabled on my machine.
And don't worry about possible problems, your games will work flawlessly with those add-ons disabled as so far you don't need 'em anywhere at all. Dunno only if those are used for Settlers Online, it's Ubisoft's browser game and I couldn't be arsed to check it. :(

As for GTA5, forget it. It won't be presented on GamesCom.

According to Eurogamer, the organizers of Gamescom said that listing DA3 (and HL3) was an error, but they wouldn't say why the games were added to the list.

Figures there are not many games on that list I'm interested in as Most have been shown online or elsewhere then.

Back
Top Bottom