Witcher 3 Witcher 3 System Requirements

The Witcher 3
And they're official. The GOG facebook page also published them, so they're pretty much guaranteed to be official.

And from the official forums.

Minimum System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
RAM 6GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB
Recommended System Requirements

Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
RAM 8GB
OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
DirectX 11
HDD Space 40 GB

Well, they're a lot lower than I expected. Awesome. :D

And I don't feel the need to go for the 980 gtx anymore. 970 should be enough I think.
At least I hope recommended doesn't mean running with low-medium settings. Will have to keep my eye on this.

Last edited:
Arrrgh!
And silly me bought GTX760 instead of 770 half a year ago. I knew it! Just knew it.
I bet if I bought 770 they'd put 780 for recommended.

Hmmm my i5-760 and gtx480 will run dragon age fine,

I was kind of hoping i would be able to run the witcher too...

Now i really need to buy a new system,
Can anybody convince my wife I really need it?

Yea, those bastards optimized the code too much!

Yea, those bastards optimized the code too much!

The recommended is probably for the regular medium settings, without all the bells and whistles render settings.

What I'm really curious is the required rig to run what they showed in that 35 min demo, at 1920 x 1200 with 60 fps. That'd be ideal if I were able to run that. And it sure as hell is not the recommended requirements to run that.

Danutz, I was (trying to be) sarcastic. ;)
And failed. :(

Thrasher, I'd write that too - if this was Ubisoft's another Assassins Creed. :evilgrin:

Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
AMD GPU Radeon R9 290

The 290 has 13-15% better performance and cost a bunch more than the GTX 770. I guess the game is optimized for Nvidia...

and I hit the recommended spec square in the jaw (I have more memory though).

Critics would disagree with you - based on this year's ending aside graphics whoring, all most of them want is grinding. :evilgrin:

Critics would disagree with you - based on this year's ending aside graphics whoring, all most of them want is grinding. :evilgrin:

That's why The Witcher 3 is going to be perfect for them, plenty of respawning monsters and nice graphix all in one.

Remember this is CDP. Although, honestly I hope they do a better job on the initial releaase than they have in the past… :)

We'll see.
Apart from careful PR we still don't know if:
- they'll release Skyrimlike bug-o-rama
- they'll release DA3like console port on PC with no proper keyboard/mouse support

That's why The Witcher 3 is going to be perfect for them, plenty of respawning monsters and nice graphix all in one.

That's my biggest fear. In TW1 and TW2 there were endless respawns, but in TW1 you could totally ingore them and push forward, in TW2 you could do something to stop them from respawning.
I hope in TW3 there won't be DA:Inquisition buttspawning bears.

So first Skyim now DA:I Joxer. :biggrin:

I'll laugh if you add TW3 to your list of games to complain about.

PS: I noticed a trend as they are all open world RPG games.;)

That's no coincidence. Open world RPG games are the hardest to make fun, deep, and bug free.
I know but I was just pointing out that Joxer's posts prove he has a problem with open world RPG's. I also except the game will have broken quests, and bugs as that is normal.

The two reasons why The Witcher 3 was delayed again this year was bugs, and the console versions. Industry rumors even say the PC vesion is already completed.

You're forgetting I had no problems with FO:NV nor Risen 3.
Those ain't openworlds?

No. I've specified what exactly bothers me, and it's not a game being openworld. It's something else.
I mentioned two openworlds because TW3 will be openworld and RPG.When it comes to number of bugs in a game, Sims 4 has pretty much the same number of bugs as Skyrim. But is not RPG nor openworld, that's why I didn't add it here. And just don't think I'm not posting day by day on official Sims forums they need to patch their bug-o-rama already.
And I'm still not banned there. Oddly.

We'll see.
Apart from careful PR we still don't know if:
- they'll release DA3like console port on PC with no proper keyboard/mouse support

The Witcher 2 released with a console UI despite being PC only at the time, the xbox port was months later. I'm not hoping for a proper keyboard/mouse UI in The Witcher 3 (like that you can be surprised or go "I just knew it").

That's my biggest fear. In TW1 and TW2 there were endless respawns, but in TW1 you could totally ingore them and push forward, in TW2 you could do something to stop them from respawning.
I hope in TW3 there won't be DA:Inquisition buttspawning bears.

TW3 has more chance of having respawning drowners than respawning bears. But DAI had respawning drowners in the Fallow Mire, so respawning bears is required for The Witcher 3 to balance it out…

Back
Top Bottom