Kingdom Come - Story Details @ OnlySP

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Along with the details about sieges this week OnlySP has also posted information about how the different acts in Kingdom Come: Deliverance will work together.

Each act of Czech developer Warhorse Studios’ upcoming Kingdom Come: Deliverance will have a complete storyline as well as an overarching narrative, according to head of communications Jiří Rýdl.

The medieval, open-world RPG is planned to release in three acts, following the journey of a young blacksmith in a land ravaged by war.

Speaking about the interactions between the acts,Jiří Rýdl said:

"The acts are a little bit like Harry Potter. There is a story running through each one that resolves itself, but some questions remain unanswered and the story continues. The best way to experience Kingdom Come: Deliverance is to play all three acts from the beginning, but you don’t have to. There will be new locations, new quests and new NPCs in every time, so there is plenty of stuff to do. We’re estimating that it will take players 20-30 hours of gameplay to complete an act."

Kingdom Come promises to be “a true, hardcore RPG”, and has raised over $2.2m from more than 44,000 backers. Moving on to talk about the implications of success for the franchise, Jiří Rýdl stated that it’s not all about the money, but giving players what they want, saying:

"The financial aspect is always important, not just because of the income, but because it’s a measurement of interest. If no one is buying or playing Act I, then what would be the reason to work on Act II? But we definitely hope for the best."
More information.

I wonder if they will implement some of the more brutish elements of the medieval era, such as witch trials, bubboes from the plague, stocks and public flogging, roaming flagellants, human branding, rotting teeth, lice and fleas, peasants living with their livestock, ...? Mmm, good times.

Don't know if you're being serious, or just joking once again. I hope it's the later one.:S

The whole acts thing is already known

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/description

Summary

Planned platforms: PC, Xbox One*, PS4*, Mac, Linux
Release date: Q4, 2015 on PC, Mac and Linux
Approx. gameplay time: 30 hours (Act 1), 70+ hours (all 3 acts)

FAQ

I don’t understand the concept of Acts. What is Act I, II and III? Why there is not cheaper tier offering all three Acts?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Act I, as it is planned, is a full scale, stand-alone game. It has 30+ hours of gameplay, complete open world map, all quests and closed story line. Most (if not all) game mechanics described above will be included: horse riding, combat, castle sieges, there will be at least one large-scale battle. Acts II & III extend the story, add new environment in separate maps, new quests, gear and weapons. They will also add new quests to the map of Act I. It will be possible to travel between maps of all Acts, some quests will require you to visit all of them.

We definitely intend to make Acts II & III and release them as soon as possible. However, our funding and schedule does not reach past first Act. We will finalize our plans for the release of Acts II & III when we get closer to the release date of Act I. For these reasons we don’t want to offer and promise them as a Kickstarter reward in their own right. We want to use them as a token of our gratitude to higher tiers backers, but you should think about it more like 100% discount offer than a guaranteed reward.

Most of us already know about the Acts Edgy as that information has been available for a while. The quote in the news-bit is from an interview on OnlySP this week.

Last edited:
Don't know if you're being serious, or just joking once again. I hope it's the later one.:S

A little humor perhaps, but mainly curious; by most accounts, life in the medieval era was nasty, brutish, and short. I'm just wondering how much of that unpleasantness will be portrayed in this simulation?

I don't think Warhorse is making a full historical simulation so I doubt most of what you listed will be in the game. Would be interesting to see what they think though?

I tried to get a longer interview last year but the developer is always busy.:disappointed:

I suppose they may need to limit the more gruesome medieval elements somewhat because of game ratings. My guess is it'll probably be on a par with the Witcher games in that respect. *shrug* Thanks.

I wonder if they will implement some of the more brutish elements of the medieval era, such as witch trials, bubboes from the plague, stocks and public flogging, roaming flagellants, human branding, rotting teeth, lice and fleas, peasants living with their livestock, …?

Im pretty sure they use CryEngine to the max. So we can expect fully modeled and animated fleas made of 10000+ polygons with bump mapping and dynamic lighting. :]

Back
Top Bottom