Meet your new craziest Republicans

What little faith I had in the voting public has been completely shattered by this guy getting re-elected:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Grimm_(politician)

On April 28, 2014, Grimm was charged with a 20-count indictment by federal authorities for fraud, federal tax evasion, and perjury.[5] He will stand trial on these charges in December 2014.[6]

And he won by 13 fucking points.

Democracy is a fucking failure.

The comments are funnier and more crazy than the republicans. :biggrin:

So thanks for the link as I found much enjoyment from the Democrat voters who lost by a landslide in the new elections. Oh how times have changed from four years ago.

What was it that Obama said Hope & Change it's just the usual once again. Anyway I hate voting as I can't stand both sides. It always come down to the lesser evil.

I live in Illinois and Pat Quinn lost by 100,000 votes in a state that usually only picked democrat leaders. He wouldn't even concede defeat when he lost.

He waited two days then just gave a one minute speech the voters have spoken. Talk about a sore loser as he couldn't even give a thank you to the winner.

The flip side though is watching the media embarrass itself because for months they kept saying Quinn would win over Bruce Rauner.:lol:

If only they would make it easy to vote. I can file my taxes via the internet, why not vote? I wanted to but the friggin' line went down the street so I went home and watched Edge of Tomorrow instead. Great movie.

I heard it takes some serious money to get elected, so apparently there are plenty of people who think these crazies are a good investment, or at least a better investment than the other one.

The comments are funnier and more crazy than the republicans. :biggrin:

So thanks for the link as I found much enjoyment from the Democrat voters who lost by a landslide in the new elections. Oh how times have changed from four years ago.

What was it that Obama said Hope & Change it's just the usual once again. Anyway I hate voting as I can't stand both sides. It always come down to the lesser evil.

I thought there would never be a republican government again because of a sea change or shifting demographics, or some equally grand paradigm? LOL, how naive that was. The Obama government is terrible and this is democracy at work dismantling it.

And I'm sorry but many democrats are far from being angelic choirboys grounded in reason, and they have many skeletons in their closet and said many astounding things. They just don't have the likes of the Daily Show hounding them over and over again and trying their hardest to spin everything they say and do into the markings of irredeemable idiots.

Last edited:
I heard it takes some serious money to get elected, so apparently there are plenty of people who think these crazies are a good investment, or at least a better investment than the other one.

Its true. The inflation on election spending makes tuition inflation look tame. In 2000, about $343.1M in total was spent in the Presidential election. In 2012, Obama nad Romney EACH spent just under $1B.

I'm really frustrated at why the US can't have a multi-party system like most other countries have. I'm running into more and more people that are disillusioned with both American political parties, and I'm losing my patience at how weak the Democrats have become. Hardliners on the far right (the Tea Party) always seem to get their way and embarrass the US on the world stage in the process.

I'll keep my lefty wishlist to myself (for the moment) but...yeah. I'm becoming seriously jaded too. The establishment left in the US has grown far too weak to accomplish anything - or at the very least, to keep the right from dismantling everything we've worked to achieve.

I read a news story this morning which said that two Navy seals(with names and pictures) are arguing over in *public* as to who shot Bin Laden. These guys are supposed to be the elite top secret soldiers who sacrifice everything and put country above all else (I am only going by the movies here) yet they are fighting it out like reality show constants... To me, this is a clear sign of deep rooted corruption in US society and the beginning of the end of US empire. I am not fan of the US empire but its LOT better than the current alternatives so I consider this as very sad news...

I envy you for your gun-toting, seal-clubbing politicians.

Speaking of which, being a lefty here must be decidedly less fun. Bereft of the fanatically religious warmonger, they only have the fat banker to rant about.

Resŧricting campaign contributions from corporations and rich donors with the aim to bolster the democratic process is one of the biggest misconceptions ever, I cringe every time I read it suggested on the Internet which is virtually every day. Quebec has had that since 1976, and you know what happens? What happens is that it simply goes even more underground and it begets far more corruption. Engineering firms have secret meeting with suitcases full of money, or they ask their employees to make individuals contributions to the party, or they contribute in indirect, sneaky ways that make it impossible to discern what is going on. A huge two years corruption inquiry in Quebec is coming to an end just about now and it was discovered that all the biggest engineering, housing and construction firms and unions were in on it along with the mafia.

It is much better not to restrict it and have it out in the open with full disclosure.

Companies will lobby government officials regardless of what is put in place. My belief is that it's better to weaken the power of the government so the incentive to corrupt is much lessened in the first place.

I live in a society where most all of what American liberals want to see has already been implemented long ago and where it has been shown to be a sore failure every single time: all it results in is public institutions crumbling into inefficiency and ruin, the biggest debt to PIB ratio of the G8, public workers becoming an insular elite clinging to benefits that the majority of the population working for the private sector have long since lost, along with a perpetually morose economy and weak job creation.

How about limiting spending by any politician, or political party? Is such a thing possible? Would it be effective? Has it been tried anywhere?

How about limiting spending by any politician, or political party? Is such a thing possible? Would it be effective? Has it been tried anywhere?
Some states have spending limits, and it hasn't changed anything.:-/

Spending limits?

How about electing people based on skill, integrity and capacity for human endeavor instead? I mean, it's just a thought. I know it's pretty shocking to not involve the size of your wallet in that equation, but then again - how can you buy power if you don't. I know, I know…. it would be a bitch for the powerhungry and rich. We can't have that.

It's not like there's a system in our current world society that actually works, but this one is pretty ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom