Diablo 3 - Console release confirmed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I tink this is so unsurprising that confirmation is hardly required. At any rate, Eurogamer noticed a tweet from Blizzard community manager Micah Whiple that confirms a console version of Diablo 3:
Blizzard community manager Micah Whiple broke the news via his Twitter feed. No specific platforms were mentioned for the console version, or a release date.
When asked if he could confirm or deny rumours the anticipated hack and slash was on the way for consoles, Whiple responded with the affirmative:
"Yup. Josh Mosqueira is lead designer for the Diablo console project."
Mosqueira previously worked as design director on Company of Heroes at Relic.
More information.

It's funny, on other message boards many D3 fans respond to the news about a console release as though this is a new development. Nevermind Blizzard intimated several months ago this was, in fact, going to happen— so it shouldn't really be a surprise. I'm not a console gamer, but Diablo is well suited to consoles, especially with the crappy new skills system they have. One wouldn't want more choices than available buttons on the XBox controller, right?

What will really bum me out is if they refuse to release the PC version until the wretched console one is completed. Unfortunately, I"m getting a bad feeling this is to be the case though obviously I have no proof.

Sweet, can't wait to play some Diablo 3 on my XBOX. Hopefully they plan on releasing it in 2012 sometime.

I'm not a console gamer, but Diablo is well suited to consoles, especially with the crappy new skills system they have. One wouldn't want more choices than available buttons on the XBox controller, right?

Hmm, I don't think point and click games plan very well on consoles myself. I tried Sacred 2 on 360 and couldn't stand the controls.

@rossrjensen I had just presumed you would use the joysticks on the console controllers to move and face your character with no pointing and clicking. Moving a pointer with the controller around the screen would be clunky.

Well now if it doesn't require me to be constantly logged on battle.net I will purchase it on the consoles. I doubt it will though.

We all know its coming despite all the back and forth he said they said crap. They don't want to announce till the pc version is done and out so not to anger the pc community.

Hmm, I don't think point and click games plan very well on consoles myself. I tried Sacred 2 on 360 and couldn't stand the controls.

I didn't like the controls on the PS3 version either. I know it's minor nit-picking but i couldn't stand the way items weren't colored but had "stars" . Instead of loot being blue, green, gold, etc the items had 1,2,3,or 4 "stars". Instaed of knowing it was junk you had to pick up and look at every piece that fell. Hated it and stopped me from playing it, combined with the crappy controls.

I hope DIII does get released on PS3, then I'll buy both that and the PC version.

wait what?

If there's a deceiving money hungry obnoxious whore I wouldn't trust my pennies with … but you my friend, you are the man that fuels it all.

Back
Top Bottom