Unrest - New Game Update & Review

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pyrodactyl Games has a new update for Unrest about a poster, and the DRM-free build.
Just a few weeks ago, we promised that we would give you the DRM-free builds a week before release. Unfortunately, due to several issues and the release date rush, we were unable to do that. The good news is that you will get the DRM-free build, just on the release date. We’re taking the extra time to quash last minute bugs, especially since patching and updating DRM-free builds is a lot tougher than on Steam.

There’s only 3 days to go, so I hope this slight delay isn’t too much of a problem. Thanks a lot for your patience and support, I hope to see and hear you all once you’re playing Unrest!
Also Hardcore Gamer has posted a new review that gives the game a 3.5/5.
Unrest is a choice-driven RPG with little combat to speak of that touches on relevant social issues. It’s not unlike Always Sometimes Monsters, though it ironically takes cues from western-style RPGs where that game took them from eastern ones. Unrest feels a little more focussed than most games of its ilk, and it has a thankfully short run time to facilitate multiple playthroughs. You get a real feeling of agency as you guide the game’s story, and it’s refreshing to play something from a different cultural perspective.
More information.

A review already?

Does that mean the product we'll receive in 3 days is a full game?
Sorry for asking, didn't really check e-mails from them lately. :(

A review already?

Does that mean the product we'll receive in 3 days is a full game?
Sorry for asking, didn't really check e-mails from them lately. :(
Well according to Steam yes. The full game should unlock on July 23rd, 2014. :)

Yesss!
Although as a KS backer I'll take their DRMfree Humblestore version. :)

2014. = a year of RPGs

I'm sad when I go into Best Buy or Gamestop and see NOTHING.

But then I look at my Kickstarter queue and see tons of games coming my way.

Unrest looks like its going to be an interesting RPG diversion.

Back
Top Bottom