Stay Away From EA Forums

I agree to this.

Why do they do it ?

"Because they can."

And no-one stops them, (like no-one stopped the Nazis or recent drug brons because everyone was/is under the pressure of fear they create/had created), either out of lazyness or because of … well, not having time and money enough.

Or they don't have the guts to bring a lawyer to roam over their heads.

I don't think anyone so far has tremendous heartburn with forum behavior having consequences with online availability.

I certainly do. Those are two totally different things that should not affect one or the other. Act like a jackass on a forum has nothing what-so-ever to do with your game and should be treated as such.

They could put in the EULA that they can kidnap me, sow me onto another human to create a centipede man, but that wouldn't make it legal (That's from one of the most disgusting South Park's I've seen). They can say whatever the hell they want in those things, but it's certainly not law. It may be "lawful", but it will take money to dispute these things. Anyone have tens of thousands of dollars just lying around? If not then if this happens to you then you're screwed. Sorry, buddy, you're not rich. You just have to eat it.

I think you guys are nuts thinking some corporation can dictate to you when and if you can use their product. Games are not a service and if they ever decide that they are then fuck them. I'm taking my ball and going home. I have other hobbies where I don't have to worry about some asshole coming in and taking them away.

I don't know that there's a total disconnect between those, Skav. If someone is willing to be an ass on a public forum, it's more likely they're willing to be an ass in a public multiplayer situation. Totally different scope of impact than some guy saying bad words to his screen while running solo.

In the end, EA is going WAY overboard with this thing and it seems to me that the safest answer for gamers is right in the thread title. It's not like EA has a monopoly on gaming forums, so going elsewhere is an option.

I understand the position, but they are still two totally different things. One is a forum and one is a game. If they were an ass in the multi-player game then sure whatever the "conduct" for that game is should be respected, but for a forum? It would be like someone telling me that I couldn't play Warhammer because I got in a fight with my friend. Doesn't make any sense what-so-ever.

Bottom line is what you and I said, to just stay away from the forums if you want to keep your game. It just seems so ridiculous to me especially since these jokers are just emerging with the new "Origins".

Meh, no skin off my nose. I don't need no stinking EA forums when I got you guys ;)

In the end, EA is going WAY overboard with this thing and it seems to me that the safest answer for gamers is right in the thread title. It's not like EA has a monopoly on gaming forums, so going elsewhere is an option.

I think the best way to handle it is to stay away from EA-published titles. Buy from legitimate companies.

Thank you.

I was wondering if this thread could get any more redundant.

I had the same thought at first, but then I remembered the Dead Space series.

You have a point, I forgot about Dead Space. Great game.

EA being greedy, unreasonable and opportunistic?

There's a shock!
As you know, I'm not a big fan of that particular drum beat, but in this case I have to admit that it's valid.

Let's not go too far ;)

That said, there are tons of quality games coming under that label, unfortunately.

It's hard to fight against the business controlling the art. The only ones who can really do that with any kind of success are the developers themselves, and it's one hell of a struggle.

This game was created by Visceral Melbourne, who is now Playside. If you read my first post in this thread, you'll find out.

Those EA dicks have no right to total ban someone, who bought the game the RIGHTFUL creators created to share its joyness.

I'll find and play Dead Space 2, and then it will be the last game I buy from EA. I liked Dead Space, and I'd love to buy and play Dead Space 2.

Take the quiet parts of Dead Space, remove them, and add a shitton of action set pieces - and you've got DS2.

I'm a big fan of the quiet parts in games like this - and I don't care for action set pieces, so DS2 was inferior to my mind.

But if you primarily liked the action of DS - then you'll love DS2.

Take the quiet parts of Dead Space, remove them, and add a shitton of action set pieces - and you've got DS2.

I'm a big fan of the quiet parts in games like this - and I don't care for action set pieces, so DS2 was inferior to my mind.

But if you primarily liked the action of DS - then you'll love DS2.

I hope it won't affect Dante's Inferno 2, because the very same company is its creator. -.- Fuck EA!

EA sucks, period. Let them keep cranking out shooters for the 8 yr olds, and pissing everyone else off with their antics. They have very little credibility left, and the way they treat people will only hasten their demise. Oh, and very little talent left as well!

-Carn

EA sucks, period. Let them keep cranking out shooters for the 8 yr olds, and pissing everyone else off with their antics. They have very little credibility left, and the way they treat people will only hasten their demise. Oh, and very little talent left as well!
Thing is, with all their acquisitions, they are making far more than just shooters for the sugar-addicted. They've bought up some decent developers. Which, for that matter, also addresses the talent problem as well. Yes, EA has nothing much of their own on the inside, but they've been fairly successful co-opting the talents of others. They've turned into a holding company rather than a gaming house.

The conclusion I draw from the whole affair:

It's stupid to participate in official forums of platform holders. There are enough other forums out there for every imaginable gaming taste. Use the alternatives.

This game was created by Visceral Melbourne, who is now Playside. If you read my first post in this thread, you'll find out.

I know who developed it, but unfortunately EA is the publisher. I don't think EA actually develops many game themselves these days.

Whatever. I'll be very sure not to make an agreement not only with these EA shitholes, but also with Microsoft, if I happen to create my games in the future.

Those 2 companies are officially in my blacklist.

The conclusion I draw from the whole affair:

It's stupid to participate in official forums of platform holders. There are enough other forums out there for every imaginable gaming taste. Use the alternatives.

I agree just stay away from official forums. It works for me .

Back
Top Bottom