Unrest - Review @ RPG Codex

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The RPG Codex has posted a new review of Pyrodactyl Games Unrest.

Unrest is an adventure game lacking in puzzles, but strong in plot. The story is well told and there is some replay value in trying its different paths. It is, however, quite short, and can be finished in just a few hours. For those expecting an RPG that simulates some of the statistically light storyteller-type tabletop games like Amber and In a Wicked Age, I am afraid you won't find that here.

Ultimately, I think this game is going to be a point of debate on the Codex due to the high hopes some members may have held for it. The game will probably be enjoyable for those who haven't been following its development or the hype surrounding it, but I think that those who have been looking forward to it for some time will be a little disappointed that its decision paths aren't more complex. For my part, I found it enjoyable enough, but it's not something that I would put on a list of highly recommended games.
More information.

anyone here played this game? any thoughts?

yes it looks interesting, I am waiting for it come down in price or be part of bundle :)

I'll try to put some effort in it today - but the plan was to skip games and waste some time on Crunchyroll. :(

I'll try to put some effort in it today - but the plan was to skip games and waste some time on Crunchyroll. :(

Crunchyroll send me a 30 day code and I wanted to watch Attack of the Titans but episodes 1 - 14 aren't available to me in my region till Aug 4. However from Aug 4 episodes 14 onwards aren't available in my region so I gave up! So good luck!

This is offtopic!
But just PMed ilm about BB season 3 on Daisuki…

Crunchyroll is not the only possible legal site to watch anime shows. It's IMO the best as it contains subs on several languages and who watches dub anime these days? I mean, those screams no other language can even come close by! :D
The problem with it is it doesn't have many shows. Yea, you'll find popular ones there, but if you want something "kinky", or really kinky, forgeddit! :(

Keep in mind most of anime streaming (and even download) sites or some content on them are area/region locked:
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/legal_streams_/_downloads

Played it for a bit.

Let me be clear, this is not RPG.
This is a visual novel with adventure and RPG elements.
If you liked any VN, you'll like this one as it does have a different approach, but it is just not a game for everyone.

I believe there is demo available for you to try before you buy this.

Although I didn't finish it yet, one thing I can say for sure - overall, Consortium is much better. What does this mean? If you hated Consortium, stay away from Unrest. If you loved Consortium like I did, you 'll enjoy Unrest for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom