King's Bounty: Dark Side - Patch Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
1C Company has released a new patch for King's Bounty: Dark Side on Steam.

King's Bounty: Dark Side Updated

1. Fixed crash when a unit linked with String of Life walked into a trap
2. Dark elves can be hired from Nazimus The Dark
3. A chest that couldn't be collected in the sea near Amazonia has been moved
4. Troops can't be hired anymore in the ghost ship on White Mountain
5. Minor fixes in various dialogs
More information.

I haven't tried it yet. I promised myself that I will finish Warriors Of The North first and Fire and Ice DLC and before XMas I'll get this one for sure. Bad reviews are mainly because of bugs - the game mechanics are more and more complicated with each new game - the engine is the same, but new units, spells, rage abilities, unit levels (Fire and Ice) etc etc., makes every game less stable.
There were some posts here already about the Dark Side and they were positive here.

I've started playing it but stopped after a while.
The release version, as you already see, is not polished. For example the game says easy mobs, you have an army of a hundred units, start the fight… And that mob supposed to be easy contains several thousands of units! You get nailed instantly - from a weak mob. LOL
I really dunno what betatesters in early access did.

In any case I stopped playing till they make a few patches.
But worry not, annoyances aside, it does look promising!

It has a few minor bugs but is one of the better kb's from an RPG and balance perspective. Can't say if you will like but it is much more rpg'ish then all the previous KB combined.

It has a few minor bugs but is one of the better kb's from an RPG and balance perspective. Can't say if you will like but it is much more rpg'ish then all the previous KB combined.

Ok, you convinced me, this is now on my official to buy list.

2. Dark elves can be hired from Nazimus The Dark

Wow, what a name ! I would have expected an insta-ban for this game because of that name. I wonder whether it got changed for the German version ?
I saw the game at German retail last week, by the way.

Because "nazi" is present in a word, which in context has nothing remotely to do with nazis?

that would be pretty oversensitive and lame, even for the oversensitive.

I know that we must regard all German soldiers in WWII, without exception, as monolithically demonic and inhuman monsters. But really - to get all angsty over the fact that nazi may be present in a word strikes of nothing less than mania.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom