Demonicon - Review @ Geek Pride

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Geek Pride has the latest review for The Dark Eye - Demonicon and they give the game a 3/5, or as they above average.

Many RPGs suffer from the problem of a static world, and while Demonicon is far from the worst for this, it does often feel that the world isn’t so much changed by you as completely dictated and revolving around your actions. While it’s great to give an RPG character importance, when you make it so they appear to be the sole interest of the world, the integrity and interest of that world is lessened. Playing through Demonicon, nice as it is to be the centre of attention, does feel worryingly like everybody else does the same thing all day, every day.

Ultimately, Demonicon makes you work for its love. It can be a bit of a bitch to play, with enemies often seeming vastly superior to you among other things, and at times I definitely felt frustrated by it, but if you stick with it, it’s definitely worth the play. There’s a fair amount that could be improved about the game, but once you’ve dealt with the fact that it was created on a smaller budget than mainstream titles, it’s easier to get on with simply enjoying the warped path you are led down. Demonicon may come with a bit of a learning curve but it’s one that, in the end, pays off in a wonderfully dark way.
More information.

Have been playing this for a while, but I can tell I'm gonna end it.
Haven't finished a game since the Raven adventure game.

I like the writing and it keeps me going. Also voice acting and models are pretty expressive of their personalities.. and thats all that matters in a game/movie

Back
Top Bottom