Witcher 3 - Dark Difficulty & Permadeath

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Brenna Hillier of VG 24/7 talked with CD Projekt about Dark Difficulty & Permadeath.

At the end of my time with The Witcher 3 and CD Projekt RED earlier this month, I decided to nail down precisely how hard the RPG is. Pulling out my notebook and a pen, I drew a simple chart and labelled the Y axis with “Skyrim” at the bottom and “Dark Souls” at the top.

“I don’t know what the X axis is,” I apologised, “But let’s say the Y axis is a difficulty scale. Down at the bottom here is the toughest challenge in Skyrim. Up the top here is the hardest thing in Dark Souls – something really life destroying, you know?”

Weber caught on immediately. “First of all, Dark difficulty would be somewhere over here,” he said, indicating a space on the other side of the table from us. We both laughed.

“So where’s normal?” I asked, handing him my pen.

He only hesitated for a moment before drawing a line exactly in the middle of the two extremes. So there you have it.
More information.

At least they give you a choice of how much punishment you want unlike dark souls.

The witcher 2 was fine on hard until that dumb, pointless, moronic QTE fight with the kraken. Just thinking of that fight ..... at one point I was ready to delete the game off my hard drive. A, B, B C hop roll, D A, A blah blah blah .......

So if in the witcher 3 they don't have a bunch of button mashing bullchyt playing on hard shouldn't be a problem. As I really liked the progression of the combat in TW2.

Remember that CDPR removed QTEs with EE patch Celtic. And they have learned from this lesson because devs promised no QTEs in W3.

I won't be using this option for sure. It smells too much on checkpoints system where the only checkpoint is the game start and if you die you have to replay the area, although now it's a days big huge area.

Consoleplayers who adore checkpoints will adore this difficulty too. In my personal universe, superhard to crack puzzles I'd appreciate more than turning PC into console.

Back
Top Bottom