RPGSite - Upcoming RPGs of 2015

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Zack Reese of RPGSite has complied a list of every RPG getting released in 2015. The list includes every game platform, and has information about each game.

After building a list of 100 games that would be arriving in 2014, the general consensus was that last year was going to be a pretty packed year what with the games already announced and those that had not yet been mentioned. Aside from some delays and unclear release dates that never came to pass, we still ended up getting a pretty good selection of titles to enjoy.

Well, forget all of that for right now, because this year, we are going to double that. That's right - I have 200 games on this list that I'm going to tell you a little about.

Now, the vast majority of these are dyed-in-the-wool RPGs, but there are a few visual novels and adventure games strewn about, but those are meant to appeal towards the broader audience that we have started tailoring our content towards since last year. Rest assured, though - there are only a few of those exceptions.

There are also a fair number of Steam Early Access titles, but considering they label themselves as alpha or beta currently, we're looking at proper releases for the year. Some of these games are seeing ports to a different platform this year, but those are again also small in number.

I hope you enjoy taking a look at what has basically been an eye-opening experience for me in discovering these new titles and hopefully just as interesting for yourself. I'll make sure to post links to the sequential postings as will publish a new article every day this week. All release dates are obviously subject to change.
More information.

Your welcome Cronis I didn't even know of half the games on that list till now. If someone is only interested in the PC releases the list is shorter though.

Torment: Tides of Numenera can't come out soon enough for me. I just hope it doesn't get pushed back to 2016.

Thanks for the list. After Reset somehow slipped under my radar... well probably I was too focused on other kickstarters at the time.

Cool, I love they're making a new Bladestorm game. I loved the original one in PS3 a few years ago, it was about an 'alternate' 100 year war, where you would lead an army and take on fortresses and what not. Didn't think it sold enough to justify a sequel, but glad I was wrong.
EDIT: Ok, finished browsing the list. Wow! Great list. Even applying my personal filters (remove non-RPGs, remove action RPGs, remove games not in PC, PS3 or PS4, remove pixel-art games) I still have a massive wave of games coming this year (granted, I'm sure a lot of the TBA games will not ship in 2015 as usual). Didn't realize it was in alphabetical order until like Yakuza :)

Last edited:
It's really remarkable how many anime, cartoony our old-school visuals games there will be. Unfortunately I don't like such visuals, so most of the games on the list aren't my chip of tea. :|

It's really remarkable how many anime, cartoony our old-school visuals games there will be. Unfortunately I don't like such visuals, so most of the games on the list aren't my chip of tea. :|

I'm actually glad it's happening. For the longest time we haven't been aware of a huge section of RPG games that existed in other platforms, and are as RPGs as Baldur's Gate or Gothic or Wizardry in their own way. I believe your not liking such visuals is a consequence of this (had they existed for PC when you were younger and less 'set' in your mindset, you probably wouldn't have a problem with them now).

I don't really care for the overly cute anime-style visuals either, but underneath the hood on some of the titles that I have played with that art style lies pretty deep and sophisticated RPG mechanics. I might not like the appearance, but the game itself is very good.

A more western example would be Borderlands. I didn't care for the cel-shaded graphics, but I enjoyed the Diablo-with-guns feel of the game.

I don't really care for the overly cute anime-style visuals either, but underneath the hood on some of the titles that I have played with that art style lies pretty deep and sophisticated RPG mechanics. I might not like the appearance, but the game itself is very good.
I hear that about a lot of eastern style games... I believe all of you but I just can't get myself to "ignore" the visuals.

Ah ha ha! Chibi Rorona is just adorable! :) I'm glad that I don't mind kawaii uguu diabetes inducing games at all, so long as they have solid/interesting RPG mechanics. I don't have a 3DS though, but that may change as there seems to be quite a growing collection of impressive looking RPGs on that system. Also, good to see Gust (one of my favorite JRPG companies, I loves me some Atelier) is still making games even after their complete absorption into Koei-Tecmo late last year.

I also still haven't jumped on the eighth generation console bandwagon. Persona 5 and Disgaea 5 will probably be the PS4's "killer apps" for me though.

Ah ha ha! Chibi Rorona is just adorable! :) I'm glad that I don't mind kawaii uguu diabetes inducing games at all, so long as they have solid/interesting RPG mechanics. I don't have a 3DS though, but that may change as there seems to be quite a growing collection of impressive looking RPGs on that system. Also, good to see Gust (one of my favorite JRPG companies, I loves me some Atelier) is still making games even after their complete absorption into Koei-Tecmo late last year.

I also still haven't jumped on the eighth generation console bandwagon. Persona 5 and Disgaea 5 will probably be the PS4's "killer apps" for me though.
another good thing about 3ds, it's fully compatible with Nintendo DS games, so you can buy the old DS RPG games for very cheap nowadays (or preowned from like Gamestop) and play them in the 3DS.

What a list! I've bookmarked a few games on the list so far that I hadn't previously heard of and I'm barely into the "C" games. Thanks for sharing it Couch!

200 RPGs sounded great until I actually looked at the list. The vast majority of them are JRPGs or retro 16-bit style games. I have little interest in either type.

200 RPGs sounded great until I actually looked at the list. The vast majority of them are JRPGs or retro 16-bit style games. I have little interest in either type.

But that's the thing, since 'RPG' is such a wide spectrum, anybody interested in different types of RPGs can filter out the list according to their own criteria. Better that than the 'top 10 RPGs of 2015' lists that show the same 10 AAA games that I usually don't care about.

I'm actually glad it's happening. For the longest time we haven't been aware of a huge section of RPG games that existed in other platforms, and are as RPGs as Baldur's Gate or Gothic or Wizardry in their own way. I believe your not liking such visuals is a consequence of this (had they existed for PC when you were younger and less 'set' in your mindset, you probably wouldn't have a problem with them now).

Absolutely. I can say this is true from my own experience as a console gamer as a kid. The consoles had some legendary RPGs that a lot of PC gamers missed, such as Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy series, the Suikoden series, Tactics Ogre, and so many more.

Because I was able to play these games as a kid, I have no problem with that style of RPGs now, and actually look forward to Eastern-styled games.

Renting a console game from the video store was always great fun, and I was always renting RPGs. I rented so many new, fascinating, obscure RPGs as a kid that I can't even possibly remember them all! But there are, for sure, some real hidden gems on consoles. Just look up SNES RPGs or PS1 RPGs. Plenty of great stuff to discover.

The consoles had some legendary RPGs that a lot of PC gamers missed, Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy series

I played Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 (6) on my PC. ;)

I kind of agree with you, there are a lot of games with the NES look, which is getting overdone.

On the other hand, I do like JRPGs, they take me back to my childhood, so I don't mind those as much, as long as they are well done and not just RPGmaker games.

Went through my KS profile and found some more RPGs that may be released this year:

Age of Grit
Bloom: Memories
Celestian Tales: Old North Part One
Frozen State
Hard West
Legends of Eisenwald
Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements
The Mandate
The Meridian Shard
Prisonscape
Star Traders 2
Telepath Tactics
Toby's Island
Unsung Story

Oh yes, and Grimoire of course :)

Last edited:
Went through my KS profile and found some more RPGs that may be released this year.
Nice list daveyd I also covered most of those kickstarters.:thumbsup:
Absolutely. I can say this is true from my own experience as a console gamer as a kid. The consoles had some legendary RPGs that a lot of PC gamers missed, such as Chrono Trigger, the Final Fantasy series, the Suikoden series, Tactics Ogre, and so many more.

Because I was able to play these games as a kid, I have no problem with that style of RPGs now, and actually look forward to Eastern-styled games.
I agree with you Fluent as I also grew up playing consoles. If you go back to the 1990's to the mid 2000's JRPGs were the dominate RPG genre every year.

Times have sure changed now.:pout:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom