Hero-U - Post-Funding Update #60

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
This update for Hero-U shows us that it is hard to keep staff working for you when your budget is low, but that you always can find new people.

We've had some serious challenges with our programming team. Two programmers had to leave due to health issues, three others for better-paying jobs to support their family. Last month we sent out the call for experienced Unity/C# programmers to help us complete Hero-U. We received several enthusiastic responses and gave each a challenge - Create a scene similar to the one in the Hero-U demo using art assets we supplied. Other requirements included documenting the process and tracking time spent on the task.

Three candidates took up the challenge and provided strong examples of their work. Each is also a dedicated Quest for Glory fan and brings additional talents to the team. We are excited to welcome them to Hero-U as we work towards our October release date.
And there is this art update.

More information.

More than anything, they showed us that you should not ask for money when you are incompetent. Glad I got away from this one....

GUI is beautiful!

They got the Wraith Room converted from concept to 3D probably the best. Botched the
Paladin memorial and War Room and most of the 3D room versions don't have the awesomeness of 2D at all. :((

All NPCs apart from the brunette - top left - are ugly. :(

2D RPG adventures must radiate the innate magic of Fallout 1 era and earlier games like Alone in the Dark, these old games and many 2D RPGs radiated pixel magic and captured our hearts forever. Trying to convert all this old glory into 3D is a perilous journey and only a couple of studios managed to do it properly.

Nice music video anyway.

I wasn't impressed with this game at first, but the art is lovely, and the concept is starting to grow on me a little...

Well while I have my doubts on the final project I think you are both being a bit harsh.
There both peas in a pod and hate most kickstarter games we post about.:roll:

I admit I have doubts myself but time will tell if they come true.

The Coles have made some great games in the past (but then so has LB) so I remain hopeful about this one though I'm waiting until it's released before checking it out!!

The Coles have made some great games in the past (but then so has LB) so I remain hopeful about this one though I'm waiting until it's released before checking it out!!

You honestly think this looks better then shroud of the avatar? I have backed both and this one I have basically given up on...

This art update really made me want to play the game. I hope they can get it together and release it within a reasonable time frame. This project sure has had its share of problems.

Back
Top Bottom