Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - PC Port by Nixxes

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In-case anyone is curious it seems based on a new post this week that developer Nixxes will once again be handling the PC port of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Release date: TBC

Nixxes project: PC Conversion (Windows)

NIXXES

We have teamed up with our partners at Eidos-Montréal to create the best PC experience Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

GAME OVERVIEW

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
directly follows the aftermath of the Aug Incident, a day when mechanically augmented citizens all over the world were stripped of control over their minds and bodies, resulting in the deaths of millions of innocents. The year is now 2029, and the golden era of augmentations is over. Mechanically augmented humans have been deemed outcasts and segregated from the rest of society. Crime and acts of terror serve as a thin veil to cover up an overarching conspiracy aimed at controlling the future of mankind… Deus Ex: Mankind Dividedis coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

More information.

Last edited:
I'll just say they did a superb job with DX:HR, and then a pisspoor job with Thief.
So... Grain of salt... Where are you? Come to papa.

So...Where's my DX: HR Director's Cut patch?!

Nowhere. There is no need for it.

I know very few games that are playing so nicely with choices and consequences. Sadly, DXHR ain't one. Meanwhile, every time when someone brings Alpha Protocol in discussion i feel compelled to replay it. Damn you, Sega for burying the IP.

I've played DX:HR and Director's Cut and Director's Cut was based on the unpatched version of the DX:HR. All the bugs that DX:HR had at launch are present in Director's cut. They've promised to patch it and they convenientely forgot about it.

Meanwhile, Square offered Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition, Tomb Raider: GOTY and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition and those are definitely an improvement. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition is impressive as optimization. And yet, DX:HR remained a vastly inferior version of the original game, a technical mess...Way to treat the most successful series in the Eidos/SE catalog...:(

This makes me sad. Why couldnt they build for PC, then port to the consoles. ..

It never happens with multi-platform games anymore.

This makes me sad. Why couldnt they build for PC, then port to the consoles. ..
You can't port something to inferior hardware. The port process works only if the new hardware you're targeting is superior to the source.
I'm not talking about tetris, of course such games can be ported on anything.

So how do you explain the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2 ?

(Serious Sam 3: BFE was ported from PC to Xbox 360 and PS3 and Shadow Warrior 2013 was ported from PC to XBone and PS4)

Last edited:
I can't explain TW2 on consoles, never seen people can turn on ubersampling on consoles so… Dunno. Can't think of any code optimization that would make it possible, seems CDprojekt has some genius or a few there if they managed to do it.

Serious Sam can probably be ported onto phones as it's in tetris range of coding complexity.
Dunno what's shadow warrior, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom