Witcher 3 Witcher 3 map

The Witcher 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I know this is in another thread with a ton of other links but I think a lot of people might have stayed out that thread for free of spoilers.

Zero spoilers in this video clip of the map, just show him riding on a horse for a few seconds then the loading the map. All I can say is holy what the #@$# it is large.

They only show one area in some sort of detail, most are saying 3.5 to 5 times larger than skyrim in size....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiLS5ljtRgA

I watched the map video yesterday, and I see myself spending at least a whole month just exploring it. They also have two planned expansions that will add more content.o_o

A certain member will tell us about how he explored the first half of the map before breakfast and then finished the rest after his morning dump. ;)

Not this time I'm sorry to say as Witcher 3 is bigger than DA: Inquisition. I did beat that game in one week, but I played for 10-15 hours a day with minimal rest.:lol:

Usually I only spend 2-5 hours a day gaming, but I was bedridden last December.

I wasn't talking about you Couch. :)

As for me, I plan on savoring TW3. I ripped through TW2 in 3 days, but I anticipate taking at least 2-3 weeks to finish TW3.

As for me, I plan on savoring TW3. I ripped through TW2 in 3 days, but I anticipate taking at least 2-3 weeks to finish TW3.

Could be longer for me depending on how hard Dark is this time. Also open world and me...I could get side tracked very easily.

I just hope they don't entirely block off a portion of the game if you side with a certain faction over another; I want my C&C, but that decision just felt so in-your-face w/ Witcher2.

Give me a a Race War you can play a part in - what Skyrim's Civil War should have been.

A certain member will tell us about how he explored the first half of the map before breakfast and then finished the rest after his morning dump. ;)

Not this time I'm sorry to say as Witcher 3 is bigger than DA: Inquisition. I did beat that game in one week, but I played for 10-15 hours a day with minimal rest.:lol:

Usually I only spend 2-5 hours a day gaming, but I was bedridden last December.

I assume you're referring to me, JDR13.

I genuinely don't know how long TW3 will take me, as it doesn't look like I can take any time off from work this time around. The 19th really is a terrible date for a release. The usual "release Thursday" (pretty much default in Europe) of 14th (or 21st) would be much better. Usually during big releases I can just extend the following weekend by a day or two and that'll be enough.

That won't happen this time though, so I'm guessing a couple of weeks, as gaming is considerably slower when it's not continuous. At least for me. :)

As for the map size - it really doesn't mean much. It's all about content and making exploration worthwhile. It's very hard to strike a balance when a game is this big, as loot is either rare, or represent tiny, incremental upgrades.

Last edited:
As I think someone else mentioned, the actual content density is not that important to me. If points of interest were fairly sparse and hard to find, but the landscape rolled on for miles in all directions, I'd be perfectly happy. Even to the point where getting maps and directions to special places becomes an important part of the gameplay.

I'm confused.

He didn't show the whole map, but when he zoomed out near the end and it showed what looked like different regions, are all those regions able to be explored and have more intricate maps to them had he zoomed in on them? o_O

If so, this does seem like a massive game. I'm starting to get the urge to check this one out, maybe even before 2020. :biggrin:

More like, maybe on day one! :)

I'm confused.

He didn't show the whole map, but when he zoomed out near the end and it showed what looked like different regions, are all those regions able to be explored and have more intricate maps to them had he zoomed in on them? o_O

If so, this does seem like a massive game. I'm starting to get the urge to check this one out, maybe even before 2020. :biggrin:

More like, maybe on day one! :)

Yes that is just one of the area's you can explore. There are 5 total I do believe.

Back
Top Bottom