OutWard - Legendary Developer Endorsements

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Outward kickstarter campaign has nine days left to get funded, and has only made $38,000 of the $120,062 goal. A new update talks about a few endorsements.
Hi all! In the past few days we've been a bit silent but we were working very hard behind the scenes. Our new trailer is finally done! We're now sending it to press and waiting for it to get posted.

Twitter love!

We've been lucky enough to get noticed by quite a few high profile developers.

Chris Avellone, writer and creative director on many beloved RPGs

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/592429573473640448

John Romero, creator of DOOM

https://twitter.com/romero/status/592930598659862528

Cliff Bleszinski, creator of Unreal and Gears of War

https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/593062181840752640

Thank you for increasing your pledges!

We noticed that many of you have increased your pledge levels and we thank you a lot for it. This is a huge help and prevents the campaign from stagnating. We're aware that the campaign has been slowing down recently, but we've been preparing for a much harder push! For the next 10 days, we'll be posting more updates and we'll be reaching out to press with new content.

So once again, thanks for your support and keep sharing the campaign!
More information.

It seems like cRPG Kickstarters haven't been doing very well in 2015, with the exception of S:HK. I wonder if we'll see another success this year?

Agreed "you", Brad McQuaid (Vanguard) is trying to do the same thing with Pantheon and it didn't make it's KS goal, Bioware's co-op game, can't remember the name atm, was cancelled after Alpha?/Beta, the new Sacred 3 was a co-op and failed in sales and popularity to the previous fan favorites…so yea, Dev's need to realize that "we" the gamer public in general don't want forced or a setting that leans so far to a needed group that you can't realistically advance (EQ2 original released state) is not what the players want. Have the "ability" to play Co-Op like in DA3? Sure…but make a entire game focus on that need/design?

It won't succeed imo

Edit/

That said, this makes it sound like it's more of an option than a requirement. Which is very good imo ;)

~ Couchpotato: The game is described as an open world RPG with co-op so will the single player side be enjoyable as it usually suffers in Co-op games? ~

"Guillaume Boucher-Vidal: I don’t think that the experience will suffer in Solo. These are always very different experiences. Solo is better for immersion, as you can get fully absorbed into the world. Co-op is more of a social thing. Whenever someone talks to you, you are reminded of the real world, so immersion is necessarily affected, but the interaction with other players makes up for it.

The way I see myself playing this game is that I’d be playing mostly solo, and every now and then, I’d invite my girlfriend to just sit on the couch with me and play with me. Or I’d have a single player character on one save and another that I keep for multiplayer."

But this does concern me a bit. I'd much rather like to explore a game thoroughly with one character rather than need to start the game over with a new toon and take a different path or quest choice 3 or 4 different times. And 20 hrs seems a bit short for a completion.

" ~ Couchpotato: How long is the games campaign, and will it have different endings based on your various characters legacy's? ~

Guillaume Boucher-Vidal: We want a normal playthrough to last about 20 hours, but that doesn’t mean that you’ve done everything. For the completionist, I expect that it would take at least 4 playthrough to really feel like he’s seen most of what the game has to offer.

I don’t know yet if there will be major differences in the endings of each of these branches, it will depend on our budget and on how the writing goes."

Will keep an eye on it but will probably wait to see how it continues to develop.

Rol

Last edited:
This sounds like emphasis on co-op; I personally prefer single player games with strong campaigns/story. Like witcher 2 :)

I was getting into this right until I saw the co-op part.. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom